Calling all Storytellers, creative minded people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam said:
Can't have them charging towards the camera. The camera is the "audience" and the "audience" needs to feel like they're part of this marine team. So, they should be in the back, behind the group as if they're running too.
yeah make it like your one of the marines and put the camera in the face of the marine, if you didnt understand just play call of duty 4 or call of duty 3 story line, and you'll see what im talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaxjags2100 said:
I'm not sure how old you are, but if you plan on writing anything, you need to work on your spelling. I know I'm a spelling nut, it's the writer in me. Just a few minor error's in your spelling. "Specialize, Choreography, maybe, immediately" Either way I look forward to seeing your outline :)
sorry. Im in tenth grade and I wrote that in two minutes before I hade to go. i didnt worry about spelling.

spartan 26 said:
yeah make it like your one of the marines and put the camera in the face of the marine, if you didnt understand just play call of duty 4 or call of duty 3 story line, and you'll see what im talking about

not to be rude. but again this is not a movie. it could be adapted,

tenacioust183 said:
not to be rude. but again this is not a movie. it could be adapted,
i understand :D at least i tryed and thats what counts in the long run :p

Invictus2233 said:
sorry. Im in tenth grade and I wrote that in two minutes before I hade to go. i didnt worry about spelling.
I understand. I wasn't trying to negatively criticize. It's just if you want to be considered as a serious writer you need to make sure what you place out there for everyone to read is grammatically correct and all words are spelled correctly.

Jaxjags2100 said:
I understand. I wasn't trying to negatively criticize. It's just if you want to be considered as a serious writer you need to make sure what you place out there for everyone to read is grammatically correct and all words are spelled correctly.
thaks for the advice. i will take it into account.

can someone please tell me if the camera can move. cinematically i must be able to write in the script "camera pan left" or "camera zooms" but if its stage like mabye it dosn't move. which is it?

Invictus...its not a movie...its a play. i guess you could wright it like a movie. good diologue can play well just as good on stage as on film...but this is not a movie

This is not a movie

This is not a movie

This is not a movie

This is not a movie

This is not a movie

I reiterate, This is not a movie

p.s. this is not directed at any one person. just repeating what adam said in the first post

Just a suggestion. In terms of stage scenes, is a Pelican doable? I was thinking a row of connected highback chairs with a wall behind them and a wall plus door leading to the cockpit. Another angled wall represents the closed landing platform. Have some flashing or rotating lights, etc..

It seems like it would work.

For the bunker.. I'm tempted to suggest that if you have a pelican crash, they could stay at the crash site.. therefore meaning one set change, and part of it is reusable.. just "distressed". Kind of like a Blackhawk Down scenario.. The marines stay in there, firing off-stage.

At the end of ACT 3, The MasterChief rips the landing platform straight off and drops it. Then they merely leave the pelican exit., perhaps jumping off the deck platform where the chairs are located.

Also, if there's Halo talk, are we placing these events ahead of Halo 2, yet after Halo 1? or just before Halo 1? We first encountered brutes (spikers, etc) in Halo 2. If it's during the events of Halo 1, then we don't really know what it is or does. Which is great for speculative conversation. After Halo 1, we know they're big guns, and we've been introduced to the flood before.

The inside of a pelican shouldn't be too hard to create. That would make it easier and quicker to change scenes, in between acts. The pelican would probably be the only place where anyone would be.

I think that Chief would just stumble upon the pelican, and find these people in it.

All of the fighting would take place off stage, so, the weapons wouldn't be that big of a problem because you would only need what the marines, and the Chief, have on them.

There could be some mention a Covenant super-weapon, the Halo, but they wouldn't be completely sure what it is, or how it works.

Just ideas, not sure exactly what to write for the rest of the acts because not too many people have posted realistic ideas...most are treating this like a movie.

Here's a basic treatment I came up with today.. Do what you like with it.. repair it, finish it.. ignore it., whatever..

It end's kinda' lame, and I only went with a shell for Act 3, but if nothing else, scavenge whatever ideas you guys like, dujp what doesn't fit.

I'm sorry if there's spelling issues on it, and formatting issues. Also, our resident Marine will need to tidy-up phrasings and stuff too. I'm in a rush to go somewhere, and don't have time to mess with it (also no spellcheck in Notepad).

Have fun though, hope it helps! :)

I'm attaching it because it's huge..

I would guess (and I don't know) that this is for DragonCon.. so.. they'd need to figure something out ahead of that, with enough time to learn lines / build set pieces.

i might be able to help within a few weeks, but right now im gettin burnt out on literature, with a few papers due within a few days, and no work done on them :cautious:

Deadguy said:
Here's a basic treatment I came up with today.. Do what you like with it.. repair it, finish it.. ignore it., whatever..

It end's kinda' lame, and I only went with a shell for Act 3, but if nothing else, scavenge whatever ideas you guys like, dujp what doesn't fit.

I'm sorry if there's spelling issues on it, and formatting issues. Also, our resident Marine will need to tidy-up phrasings and stuff too. I'm in a rush to go somewhere, and don't have time to mess with it (also no spellcheck in Notepad).

Have fun though, hope it helps! :)

I'm attaching it because it's huge..

seems nice to me! :D

Deadguy said:
I would guess (and I don't know) that this is for DragonCon.. so.. they'd need to figure something out ahead of that, with enough time to learn lines / build set pieces.

We need some kind of go ahead from Adam as to whose script he likes the most. I've got the rest of the storyline for mine ironed out, but don't want to put in the work if my script will be scrapped.

I dunno'.. I'm thinking the idea was to combine elements.. meaning it's not a matter of selecting one script and going for it.. it's a matter of taking the ideas and mixing them together. If I'm right, then yes, your script, in it's completed form will be "scrapped", in terms of making it work with other ideas.

Its likely to be a situation where you start with one script concept, and then add parts of another to it or something, or twisting them around a bit, etc.

Otherwise, I think he'd have asked for examples, and then contacted someone directly to do it. You know, to avoid having folks writing scripts that aren't going to be used at all, and/or avoid hurt feelings when someone's is selected, and the rest are trashed..

Personally? I'm thinking it'd be neat to have several different scripts for halo costume plays that can be used for different stuff down the road somewhere, and that's kinda' what I was thinking with my submission.

Anyway.. he's kind of a busy guy at the moment, so no telling how long it'll take to come back to this.

Deadguy said:
...I'm thinking it'd be neat to have several different scripts...
I call the 405th musical! ;P

You're gonna be popular... I'll teach you the proper poise, when you talk to boys, little ways to flirt and flaunt...

/Wicked

Sorry. :lol:

I wrote up a rough draft of my act 1. It would need some beefing, editing and cleaning up but I am submitting it for review.
I inlcuded a synopsis of my whole plot plus description of act1 scene ect ect.
I left everything kind of generic and unnamed since we don't really have any specifics yet.

Submitted for the approval of the midnight society, act 1.
(oh and PS there is some language in here, so don't look at it if your not old enough or offended by language)
(and double PS - please don't tell me I shouldn't put it in there I all ready thought about it, I just was in my zone writing it and I can edit it out later.)

I would read it, if my computer would allow it....this laptop is a piece of crap. Anyway, great ideas guys. Maybe if I have time tomorrow I'll whip something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back