Soft Parts Campaign Ribbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

I don't think anyone has actually made a UNSC dress uniform, but I think this may actually be usefull to anyone who does.

Most modern dress uniforms have campaign ribbons above the left breast pocket, and it looks like Lord Hood has them to.

1577764849_15135bb85c_b.jpg

So, maybe it would be a good idea for us to come up with some Campaign Ribbons for the 405th. I'm not talking about blatently ripping off modern American, Australian, British, etc ribbons, but actually coming up with our own.

Maybe we should have ribbons based on events within the 405th, such as a ribbon for completing an MC suit, completing a Marine suit, ODST Suit, go to Dragon-Con, etc.

So, this is now a thread for listing ideas, coming up with designs, and looking for a site thatll make the patches.

I'll start off with my personal ideas:

1. 405th Member (Will change to official member once we become official)
<blockquote>-Should be blue with a pair of thick, gold, verticle stripes.</blockquote>
2. Join the 405th (Will change to forum member once we become official)
<blockquote>-Should be blue with a single verticle gold stripe in the center.</blockquote>
3. Complete MC suit (Might change to add a second, 405th standard MC suit)
<blockquote>-Olive with gold stripes.</blockquote>
4. Possible RP patches, like a Makos/Makis engagement patch.
<blockquote>-Tan with brown stripes.</blockquote>

Post your ideas. If you have pictures, they'd be great!

I think we should have a 405th logo medal, like bronze or cold cast bronze.
And yeah, some sort of spartan like symbol, and use the UNSCDF symbol (the eagle with the globe)
I really like the idea though.
We should also have ranks or something.
Like depending on conventions, suit quality, completed suit, stuff like that.

I like this Idea. Its very creative and Fun for the whole community.

Plus it lets members know what you've done while you've been here and so on.

They did this in Clan AH, my on-line gaming clan. Here's a link to their Ribbon page for those who would like a visual Idea of what we're talking about :) and for the Admins to get more ideas for different Ribbons we could have.

Ribbons

This a Fun and Creative way to make our Community Grow! I say we do it...but its not up to me soo...

And Great Job Spartan 137 :D Smart idea ;)

Spartan 226
Boris

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think that this is a much better idea then some of the other "Ranks" and "Award" Threads because its not bases on post or time in here, but on the work you've really done. It would also put meaning behind Veteran Status and such. MODs please look at this carefully, this is definitely worth a try in my opinion.

Maybe you should have a HUGE collection of ribbons for everything.

Mulitplayer Armor
Master Chief
Arbiter
Elite

There could even be a difference between molded and Pep.

Then you could make some of the not so common costume ribbons hunter, drone(lol) etc etc.

I think there should also be a ribbon for either EACH different weapon one has made. Or a "I have made a pep weapon" or "I have made a wood weapon". You know what I mean?

I'm a real noob, so tell me if I'm going overboard here...

there should be a ranking on Combat as well (sorry to all that dont have halo). seeing as we are all here because of the games.

also we could make a sweat test, with standard UNSC knowledge, in order to inlist you have to pass. and when moving up in the ranks you have to take more tests, that get harder.

DreadMullet said:
there should be a ranking on Combat as well (sorry to all that dont have halo). seeing as we are all here because of the games.

also we could make a sweat test, with standard UNSC knowledge, in order to inlist you have to pass. and when moving up in the ranks you have to take more tests, that get harder.
Does anyone know of a free and easy "test hosting" website? BTW, are these ribbons for your sig? Or are we talking about real ribbons?

why not just use JROTC stuff. they wont care and its not really valid in the real world and wont get in trouble for it.

but i like the other idea of the ribbons from the game.

Socket said:
Does anyone know of a free and easy "test hosting" website? BTW, are these ribbons for your sig? Or are we talking about real ribbons?

The thread was started about real ribbons, but I may open a second one over in the 405th Discussion regarding sig ribbons.

I think one for each ribbon is a bit excessive, but maybe for some of the bigger ones, like a ribbon for Grav Hammers, a ribbon for Splasers, etc.

why not just use JROTC stuff. they wont care and its not really valid in the real world and wont get in trouble for it.

Ok if the test is gonna be on JROTC based Information then I'll pass Every single one with not effort what so ever :cautious: Being a Senior in HS and a Let 4 c/Cpt. explains that for me ^^ Being a Senior Officer has its Privilages... :D

I don't see why we must have a test...some people here don't really know the UNSC part of Halo...they just know Master Chief and his kick @$$ armor. I think it would be unfair to them if they have to take tests on stuff they know nothing about...or know very little and so on...but hey thats my opinion...

:|

Spartan 226
Boris

Socket said:

I do.

-----

I agree with ribbons, but it would mean a lot of work for the mods and everything, and I doubt they have that time.

Okay, I'm going 2 try to put us back on topic.

We are talking about campaign ribbons for actual Soft Armor, not the site at this time.

I'm thinking we may be able to use a regular patch site to make these, but I still have to check it out.

i did somethign like this for my airsoft tesm a few years back

viperbiocopy.jpg

biotemplatecopy.jpg

biopanteracopy.jpg

26.jpg

RANKS2copy.jpg

edit*************
so as in the last one i modded current JROTC/ROTC ribbons with names fittign for what we did.

so for us, mayeb ribbons for how many cons youve actually trooped in armor, how many kits youve built, what kind, pep master, creator, etc...armorer...

im willing to assist on spearhead this...

let me know.

we all understand that you are talking about real ribbons!!!

the point of your thread was to throw around ideas. and one idea was to have a badge that shows that you know your stuff, in witch case you would have to prove you know your stuff. how do you prove that you have knowledge?

A test. now you can have a cookie.

DreadMullet said:
we all understand that you are talking about real ribbons!!!

the point of your thread was to throw around ideas. and one idea was to have a badge that shows that you know your stuff, in witch case you would have to prove you know your stuff. how do you prove that you have knowledge?

A test. now you can have a cookie.

Well, as ribbons won't be dedicated to the site, we can't regulate their usage. We would have to rely on people's personal judgement.

If I finished an ODST suit, then I would get myself a "Completed ODST Suit" ribbon. If the 405th Charter runs through, then they'd potentially assigned by the Mods and Staff, so you'll have to prove it w/ picture evidence.

well I know about zero when it comes to Halo but as far as testing to achieve ranks thats what we had to do in the military so why not make it so why not have people research and study so that they really do earn their ranks I'm new to this site but I will tell you I like orginaztion and it seems to me that plenty of people here want it

Visible ranks that appear on costumes are to match whatever the costume is supposed to be... Here's why:

A 405th ranking system has been exhaustively discussed, and it's been decided that a system like that is not appropriate for the 405th.

I hope this doesn't come across as mean or condescending, but please know that it is not something the 405th will ever adopt, due to the requirements of chasing down the validity of everyone's claims to medals, the verification of who owns what costume in which picture, and to determine stupid things like.. does a potatoe sack with ODST spelled on it in crayon constitute a ODST costume.

There's also been the suggestion that the amount of time spent here should be indicated by rank... to see who is knowledgable and who isn't. This is also useless considering that some folks joined here a long time ago, but aren't active right now. If they came back now, they'd be considered some kind of experts despite the fact that they don't even know what "pep" refers to.

Testing to get ranks is also useless in that someone might know SOME answers and not others, plus cheating could inflate the ranks, etc.

There is also the issue of these 405th ranks interfering with the ability to wear appropriate ranks for costumes that include ranks.

I personally, like the idea of a straight-out single ribbon to "mean" the 405th, but it'd be kinda' pointless except on one type of costume, which many members will likely never wear.

So.. no more rank discussion, sorry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back