Foam Can anyone recommend a good spartan 4 armor tutorial? Plus newbie advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captaindunn

I'm new to the group and halo has Been on my list of builds for a while. Still have another kit i want to do (Mando) before starting a halo kit Trying to put together resources. I was skeptical about doing a spartan, I'm 5'4 and it'd be hard to pull off.

Was originally going to build either a H3 marine or ODST. I've found resources and tutorials for both, mainly andrewDFT and Herosworkshop. Probably will also uses Andrew's tutorials for weapons as well.

I'm trying to keep it cheap, that was my originally intent with a mando but MMCC standards made that kinda tough.

I'm trying to go with a mostly foam build and I've seen them turnout looking really good for Marines, Spartans and ODSTs.

Any build thread will vastly help the building process, no matter the armor. That being said, once you do decide on the armor type you are building it doesnt help to look at those specific builds more.

I will let other members suggest people they reccomend, and I would highly suggest checking out threads by members that have recently posted on the forrums as they have really solid builds. Some spartan IV threads i will recommend is the one by sarlume and TheBradinator

ODSTTTTT, good luck, make a build thread so we can cheer you along! If you're looking for resources The Armory has good detail and FREE armor template files, including halo 3 ODST, marine, and spartans! Just need to scale them a bit and you're good to start crafting.(I highly suggest armorsmith, it's $30 but you can adjust the Avatar model to your exact measurements, and it lets you free form scale each armor piece as you see it on the avatar)

DFT is good and you can make the armor look good with some patience, it just has a slightly different end look than the halo 3 odst. (because his is a reach ODST) If you wanna get more familiar with crafting with foam also check out the tutorial index! It's where I started and helped me out a ton!! (I watched DFT a lot before deciding which armor to go with as well)

Whatever you choose the 405th will back you up. Good luck building!!!!

ODSTTTTT, good luck, make a build thread so we can cheer you along! If you're looking for resources The Armory has good detail and FREE armor template files, including halo 3 ODST, marine, and spartans! Just need to scale them a bit and you're good to start crafting.(I highly suggest armorsmith, it's $30 but you can adjust the Avatar model to your exact measurements, and it lets you free form scale each armor piece as you see it on the avatar)

DFT is good and you can make the armor look good with some patience, it just has a slightly different end look than the halo 3 odst. (because his is a reach ODST) If you wanna get more familiar with crafting with foam also check out the tutorial index! It's where I started and helped me out a ton!! (I watched DFT a lot before deciding which armor to go with as well)

Whatever you choose the 405th will back you up. Good luck building!!!!

I have no clue when I'll actually be able to get around to making my halo build. My budgeted mando build seems to average about $400 for just the basics. (A least MMCC aprovable build)

I recently created an amazon list with all the building supplies i could think of along with an idea list for the ODST soft parts. I surprisingly couldn't find my old crafting materials and i had a bunch lol. Do you have a link to armorsmith? Sounds intresting and a lot easier then having to free hand my own measurements.

i really like Danielles foam build . its what heroworkshop's ODST was inspired by .

Do you have a link to armorsmith? Sounds intresting and a lot easier then having to free hand my own measurements.

Here you go:

And the link to purchase it:

And a handy guide on how to use Armorsmith:

Here you go:

And the link to purchase it:

And a handy guide on how to use Armorsmith:

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back