can anyone send me a guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

billydakid

Jr Member
im want to start on my own halo 2 marine project, i am very experinced with carboard crafting but i have never used plaster or any kinda plastic
so if anyone could give a website or some pointers

bloodxbrothers said:
im want to start on my own halo 2 marine project, i am very experinced with carboard crafting but i have never used plaster or any kinda plastic
so if anyone could give a website or some pointers

Welcome bloodxbrothers,

First up, you have to understand that plaster is a 'heavy' mold, meaning unless your cardboard is somehow reinforced, using plaster is just gonna collapse it. Take me for example, I'll sculpt in clay and then plaster mold the finished clay item.

It would help if you were more specific on what materials you're gonna be primarily using in your build, what's readily available to use and besides cardboard crafting, what sort of 'chemicals/materials' [resin, fiberglass, glaze, bondo etc], you've had experience with.

There are some good books you can read up on, but for the life of me, I can't seem to remember the titles...apologies, am getting a little old. ;)

Anyhow, keep us posted and good luck!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
love your sig tim. "recoil" srry but i myself have no experiance in molding. but like tim said plaster is heavy and because of that we need to know what your molding it off of. is it a pep helm or did you sculpt?

what about molding plastic? (abs, sintra) also ive seen that you can coat cardboard with fiber glass and bondo?

i want to make my stuff tough enough for airsofting

This is a tremendous book for learning how to make molds
and castings.

Many guy's form the 501st have used and reference this book. I own it myself.
Look it up at Amazon.com. Make sure you look in their "New and Used" link
when you find it. Many times you can get brand new books from their affiliate
sites up to 75% off. I always check book prices this way.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back