Can It Be Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3vil3a7er

So, I stumbled upon this site and was amazed because pepakura was never something I had thought of for costuming, let alone something I even knew of at all. So heres my mission. I have to make 5 FULL Spartan suits for ACEN next May (2010). Then add 5 pistols, a sniper, a shotgun, BR, etc. I also plan to design an Energy sword playing off of Sean Bradley's idea. Also customize the suit interior for max comfortability and add a type of com system for the 5 of us. So, anyone care to give me a boost of confidence or crush my dreams? :p Also, any advice (that's not already posted?)

I don't think that one year is reasonable for all that by yourself but, if you had the 4 others helping you may be able to pull something off if you all buckle down and work your butts off.

My advice:
<ul>*Read all of the stickies
*Make sure everyone knows what they are doing
*Work you ass off (especially if your doing it on your own)[/list]
Good Luck

D3vil 3a7er said:
So, I stumbled upon this site and was amazed because pepakura was never something I had thought of for costuming, let alone something I even knew of at all. So heres my mission. I have to make 5 FULL Spartan suits for ACEN next May (2010). Then add 5 pistols, a sniper, a shotgun, BR, etc. I also plan to design an Energy sword playing off of Sean Bradley's idea. Also customize the suit interior for max comfortability and add a type of com system for the 5 of us. So, anyone care to give me a boost of confidence or crush my dreams? :p Also, any advice (that's not already posted?)
well for starters thats gonna cost alot of money second sounds like a good plan but a hard one third make a poll to decide which armor to make

Last edited by a moderator:
My tip is to not rush. Even though it seems like not a long time, and I'm not gonna say it is, if you rush it will cause mistakes.

If you mold your first suit you can have 5 suits in a week as long as you have the molds....

Ithica

I was thinking along the same track as Ithica. If you really buckle down, you could have a full set mold ready in around 4-5 months. And that is if you spend all of your free time working on nothing but. However, I feel it could be done. I wish you nothing but the best of luck!!

Nothing is impossible.

Just make as much as you can, and if you're not done, just get ready for the next convention. You don't have to be 5 armed Spartans to look cool, already, only 5 helmets would look great ;)

You know what they all say

Well heres SprayNoobs way :p (just my opinion) Just get at least 2-3 friends who are willing to help you out until the end of the it, and you'll have 5 suits done in no time :p

Wish i could help you make some :p Tons of free time over in my world :eek:

well i did my suit in just a month from pep to finished. so i think its entirely possible but know this i knew what i was doing cuz it was my second the first took 5 months

Sounds like a big order but wouldn't say impossible, Just some advice from my experience which is very limited, don't leave it on the basement floor like I did cause mine just flooded and wrecked my first attempt at a helmet lol

D3vil 3a7er said:

5 suits in one year?? Dude, that's totally doable. I don't see why stress about it. ;)

Make one full suit the mold the peices and cast them 4 times. Then buy casts of weapons from members selling them.Then all you need to worry about is the under armor and com system.i dont know anything about radios. good luck and hope you finish buy your deadline :D :D

Firefox

Try this for the mic. It could fit under your clothing, and just make something to hold the walkie talkie in the chest piece. They range from $30-$60.

All you have to do is get some friends play some music every night and TAKE YOUR TIME when your putting the armor together if you rush it will defiantly reflect that upon your armor :D

Possible. Focus on the pieces that match... fore arms for example. Crank out all the fore arms.... then the next, and so on... save the resining untill all pieces are done, resin the 5 sets... move on to the next. Assembly line production would make the process go by faster. An attempt at one full suit at one time may burn you out. Pacing and focus.

D3vil 3a7er said:

with 5 of you working on the project should be simple and quicker to make than one guy vs one suit, you have the potential for a production line with that kind of man power

2 people cutting pep- 1 person - sticking the pep together - 1 resining - 1 fibreglassing

easy job when you have the man power imo

D3vil 3a7er said:
i can tell if you can complete this

1.do you have alot of free time
2.are friends willing to help
3.do you have alot of money to put forth
3.what are the suits

i have an idea for you like xDarth Tatorx said mold the shins thigh cod piece boots fore arms handplates and the back part of the chest. mold all that 4 times and you have a year to customize your armor so dot the things i named first and you should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back