Can someone help me get started on making my first armor?

Discussion in 'Halo Pepakura Costumes' started by CamoNinja128, Dec 12, 2017.

1. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

I am very new to the 405th. I want to make pepakura armor. I want the full CIO armor set, except for the helmet which I want to be the operator helmet from Reach. I think I have the right file for the helmet, but the CIO file I downloaded, I can't open in pepakura designer. I think I just need help on finding the right files and getting started.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  2. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hi there, and welcome to the 405th!

I can help you with whatever information you need, I tend to be the "Forum Bot" but in human form, lol.

I'll dig out some good files for you. Stay tuned. :)

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

So I found these:
    Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - CIO
    They should work, and if they don't, I would suggest reinstalling Pepakura designer from HERE.

Good luck, man! Let me know how everything goes. Let me know if you need anything!

Dirtdives likes this.
  4. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

Thank You! I'll let you know how everything goes once I manage to get started, haha. I downloaded the Halo 4 CIO armor you linked and it only had the helmet and chest piece. I redownloaded Pepakura Designer from your link after that, but it still just has the helmet and chest. I looked in assets on the file and it has more pieces, but it says most of them are 3D models and they don't open in Pepakura

5. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

Have the other pieces just not been made into the right files for pepakura?

6. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

I found some files from other armor sets I can use for all the other pieces. The helmet I really want as Operator, and that's fine because I have that. The rest of the armor I was thinking of a few different sets, and I found other sets I like that I can use

7. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Sweet. Good deal!

The other files just haven't been converted into a Pepakura file yet, I guess. Converting stuff takes a pretty long time, so not every 3D model will be ready for assembly.

Keep me posted on progress!

8. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Named Halo 4 armors are primarily just a helmet and a chest piece. The arms and legs are then part of a suplimental set like "narrow" or "wide" idk I don't play h4. But, you would look through the suplimental armor and see what looks like the one you're going for.

Edit: anyone (Art Andrews) know what happened to the suplimental h4 armors? I can't seem to find anything unfolded. I might still have the narrow set at home but I won't be there for a few days.

9. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

Yeah, I forgot about that, it has been a while since I played Halo 4. I couldn't find unfolded files of those either

10. PerniciousDuke

CamoNinja128 - Looks like I do have some on my work computer. PM me your email and I can send these to you.
    Untitled.png

11. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

You can compress them in a .ZIP file and send them directly to him in a PM if you wanted as well. (y)

PerniciousDuke likes this.
  12. PerniciousDuke

Sounds complicated. :p

13. CamoNinja128

CamoNinja128 New Member

I would PM you my email, but I don't know how to PM you.

14. PerniciousDuke

Haha! Fair. Click my name above and then click "start a conversation" that's a private message.