Can Someone Unfold This For Me? I'm Kinda Busy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

xwingpilothelm.pdo

xwingpilothelm.gif

not my work btw.

If someone could unfold this and post the link in this thread, that would be great, thx.

I have no idea how to unfold so I can't help you, but man I really want that too. It's almost impossible to get Star Wars pep files without paying for them.

Risu said:
I have no idea how to unfold so I can't help you, but man I really want that too. It's almost impossible to get Star Wars pep files without paying for them.

Which ones do you need? I have/can get most of the helmets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a PM.

Is there a tutorial for unfolding? I don't have the paid version of Pepakura, so I can't save my work, but I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately I hit unfold and started trying to join/split faces but it keeps automatically splitting other faces as I go.

Ive never tried unfolding something from scratch before. I typically just edit other good unfolds, but heres what I got. PM me if you like it and ill send it to you.

Currently its set to print on letter at a scale of 28.5cm in height. I really have no clue what size this thing should be.

XwingHelmetUnfold.jpg

I'd very much like one as well. Since this thing is based on an existing helmet that was one size fits all, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out the right scale. Any big Star Wars guys in here?

The original X-Wing helmet was made using a US APH-6B helmet which seems to have come in a couple different sizes, with L and XL being the most commonly used for fans making these. I don't know if the original size(s) are known.

I can't seem to find any dimensions, but there's someone on another forum who's got at least 8 helmets made using the real APH for a base. I'll shoot him a PM and see if he's willing to share a measurement.

I just got confirmation that the print scale should be between 285 and 295 cm tall, so this is just about right. Thanks!

Risu said:
I just got confirmation that the print scale should be between 285 and 295 cm tall, so this is just about right. Thanks!

yeah, but it should probably be in millimeters (mm). it would be ridiculous to wear an almost 3 meter tall helmet on your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back