can sume one help me i am rly new

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy415

im rly new to pep riht now so i need sume help cuz i made a helemnt but i think its too big how do i size it down?

Make sure to read the How to Use Pepakura and Official Scaling stickies in the Pepakura Forum for the information you're looking for as well as the Stickies in this forum regarding grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

yea this happened to me too,... im not sure about scailing either i might just but something in the top of the helm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dwoo @ Oct 1 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My rough numbers for head/helmet measurement are from a 23 scale helmet I build for the 4 yr old's 19.5" head measurement. Before I cut it out I xeroxed it and resized on the copier up 10%, that should translate to 25.3 scale and it fits my 14 yr olds 23" head. The fit on both is such that they can get their heads in the opening (with the unnecessary paper cut off the bottom) and its roomy inside the helmet without the foam/padding added yet. The 23 to 25.3 scale is a surprising big difference in size.

<blockquote>-------HELMET(Measure around the largest part of the head, with tape above brow)
SCALE---------HEAD MEASUREMENT (inches)
23----------------19.5
22------------20
22.55---------20.5
23.1----------21
23.65---------21.5
24.2----------22
24.75---------22.5
25.3--------------23
25.85--------23.5
26.4---------24
26.95--------24.5
27.5---------25
28.05--------25.5
28.6---------26
29.15--------26.5
29.7---------27</blockquote>
If anyone is curious how I came up with these numbers: I got a ratio between the scale and head size (scale / head size = ratio). The 25.3 scale ratio of 1.1 seemed more accurate so I multiplied every head measurement on the table by 1.1 to get it's scale number. This ratio is definately in need of tuning though. That is where everyone else comes in. If you have built a helmet, post your scale and head measurement so we can refine this table. I still have two more helmets to make for my 7 and 10 yr old 21.5" heads, so I will have more real world data to refine this with.

-dwoo</div>
Here is a chart that dwoo came up with. I used it and my helmet turned out just fine

dwoo's helmet chart

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
locked for utter disregard of the English language. Seriously, will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back