Can we get a Classical music thread going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of "epic classical" I can recommend "Heart of Courage" from "Two Steps from Hell", which many of you may know from the Mass Effect 2 launch trailer. With that, even cutting out pepakurapieces can become an adventure of unworldly magnitude :)

Hell yeah! TSFH is easily some of the most epic music known to mankind. The Elder Scrolls Soundtrack and anything by Jeremy Soule are also very good.

But if you want a truly epic symphonic experience, try this one on for size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice RoadWarrior, but I'll counter with Handel's Water Music. I believe most people will recognize it, even if they have no idea of its' original source:

I top both of you with this!

If you have a short attention span, skip to 3:40 and watch from there. Amazing!

Well, we seem to be invovled in a Nerd War :)

An inspired choice Sangheili811, and the conductor is truly excellent.

However, I'll "call" your bid with Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. The amazing costumes and scenes from Venice are my "raise".

Well, we seem to be invovled in a Nerd War :)

An inspired choice Sangheili811, and the conductor is truly excellent.

Lol, thanks! Its funny to pull up to a stop light in my 4Runner next to a Civic blasting rape rap and see his reaction to what I'm playing! The fact that I have to play it louder than my Flowmaster exhaust helps matters!

However, I'll "call" your bid with Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. The amazing costumes and scenes from Venice are my "raise".
Vivaldi's good, but the costumes are kinda creepy ;). Not really my thing. I think I'll "stay" with Consecration of the House. But to keep the fun going, I'll offer an alternative "raise"! I mentioned earlier I love Aaron Copland. Here's part of one of his best pieces, the rest is equally good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back