Canadian Reg (Toronto, ON) - Fan Expo Toronto 2023

Fan Expo Toronto Attendance

• Total voters

Schankerz

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
When: Aug 24 - 27
Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre

Alright gamers this is the big one for us folks on the east coast! This year we’re going big and have put in the request to have a booth for the whole weekend.

At the time of this threads creation it’s still early and nothing is guaranteed but we’ll keep up with updates here as they come.

We’d just like to start with who’s interested in going so we can get a decent headcount asap.

You already know I'm in
I Will Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

*bump* Giving this thread a little bump to see if any new updates have come forward on the booth, and to see about rooms. We're still 3 months out, but it never hurts to check early. Want to see about going in on a hotel with someone as I have silly American bank notes and would be easier to help pay for a room than to try and book one myself.

I'm either crashing with family in Kitchener or splitting a hotel with some other friends I know in Mississauga. Last time I drove down town, which was fine for the saturday, but sunday it took 3 hours to move 1 km. I ended up not driving home to windsor that day. Needless to say, driving down town is probably less than ideal. There is a blue jays game sat and sun in the afternoon, so traffic will certainly be insane.

Schankerz NewBrody What train station do you guys usually go to? I'm thinking I might use your strategy of driving to a train station and then using transit to get down town. The only problem with this is you're stuck with your suit on all day, unless you make the long trek back to the car. In columbus it was nice to park down town because I could return to the car a few times a day and change in and out of my suit as I pleased. Seeing as we'll have a booth it might be nice to be able to derig at some point during the long day.

Thoughts?

I'm either crashing with family in Kitchener or splitting a hotel with some other friends I know in Mississauga. Last time I drove down town, which was fine for the saturday, but sunday it took 3 hours to move 1 km. I ended up not driving home to windsor that day. Needless to say, driving down town is probably less than ideal. There is a blue jays game sat and sun in the afternoon, so traffic will certainly be insane.

Schankerz NewBrody What train station do you guys usually go to? I'm thinking I might use your strategy of driving to a train station and then using transit to get down town. The only problem with this is you're stuck with your suit on all day, unless you make the long trek back to the car. In columbus it was nice to park down town because I could return to the car a few times a day and change in and out of my suit as I pleased. Seeing as we'll have a booth it might be nice to be able to derig at some point during the long day.

Thoughts?
I think we were considering organizing getting a place for a bunch of us for that weekend if we get a booth. We would probably get a place close enough to the subway but far enough away from the crazy. It seems like if we get a booth there will be alot of us so we can probably get a pretty big place.

Also if we do have a booth I think they planned a changing area to change in and out of cosplay.

Noted. Now, I'm only going to be there sat and sun (maybe friday evening too) as I have work, but keep me in the loop because I think it would be fun to join yall if you get an air bnb or smthn

Noted. Now, I'm only going to be there sat and sun (maybe friday evening too) as I have work, but keep me in the loop because I think it would be fun to join yall if you get an air bnb or smthn
We'll keep you in mind for sure. I would probably only be there Thursday Friday and Sunday as my cousin is getting married on Saturday.

*bump* Giving this thread a little bump to see if any new updates have come forward on the booth, and to see about rooms. We're still 3 months out, but it never hurts to check early. Want to see about going in on a hotel with someone as I have silly American bank notes and would be easier to help pay for a room than to try and book one myself.

Hey Benton! Currently I’m in communication with a new contact (our old one that just did Calgary Expo has moved on to other things) and they’re currently still working out the floor plan for Toronto. They should be wrapping that up soon and fingers crossed I’ll have an answer on the booth this month.

I think we were considering organizing getting a place for a bunch of us for that weekend if we get a booth. We would probably get a place close enough to the subway but far enough away from the crazy. It seems like if we get a booth there will be alot of us so we can probably get a pretty big place.

Also if we do have a booth I think they planned a changing area to change in and out of cosplay.

What Brody said, we’re looking at places that can hold a decent amount of us that’s just outside the crazy downtown but close to a subway for ease transport back and forth. If I can actually get a list of everyone that would be interested in that plz let me know.

What Brody said, we’re looking at places that can hold a decent amount of us that’s just outside the crazy downtown but close to a subway for ease transport back and forth. If I can actually get a list of everyone that would be interested in that plz let me know.
can I be added to the list please, I would be very interested in that

16 X 16 space is confirmed everyone! If I can get people to respond here what days and times they’ll be at the event that would be most appreciated!

I’ll then get a list compiled and get started on a booth schedule and make sure we get the right number of complimentary weekend badges.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back