Carbon Fibre MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0133

Although new to the 405th I am not new to costume building, however the costumes were normaly not futuristic lol, I have for some time wanted to build a Master Chief and am currently sitting with a vast amount of carbon fibre material, what do you guys think? ;)

I am a bit confused as to what you are planning on doing with it? There are generally 2 ways to build armor, pep/resin/bondo method or foam/plastidip/paint method. This is too general of a comment. You should read through the forum guidelines and then read through the stickies... or you should figure out more specifically you would like to know. Even if you stiffen 'material', it is not going to have the look and feel of armor (it would be thin and hard to make strong enough to resist bending and denting)

You might as well do something with pep then, since that involves strengthening with carbon fiber. Making armor solely out of carbon fiber seems tough, plus it would be on the thin side. It's up to you but check around first!

Although new to the 405th I am not new to costume building, however the costumes were normaly not futuristic lol, I have for some time wanted to build a Master Chief and am currently sitting with a vast amount of carbon fibre material, what do you guys think? ;)

I love the idea of a CF MC. The only issue I see is aligning each piece of CF properly. Not impossible, but extremely difficult I bet. Given enough time and patience, I know it can be done though. I am sure you are referring to overlaying a pep build. If so, it would make for one wicked build for sure.

But... I think your question was a bit rhetorical. That would be like asking a group of people "Who wants a Ferrari?". Might I suggest starting the build and introducing the CF to pique our interests further. Otherwise, it may come off like another pipe dream that does not go any further than words, all too common.

If you do proceed with the build, I will be watching with keen eyes :)

I shall be making initial mock ups and then finalising molds, from these molds everything shall be made from carbon fibre, i am sure that carbon fibre in fact i know carbon fibre is more than strong enough as i do like to build race car panels from it, sorry if we have misunderstood, it was the overall look of a Master Chief outfit in carbon fibre that i was looking to see if people would approve of
:cool

dont worry EVAkura i am definitely not into pipe dreams, once I have set myself a target I shall see it through regardless. ;)

Were you thinking to let some of the carbon fiber show through or completely cover it with paint?

i wanted to see how peeps would like to see a carbon fibre skin pure, if i was to paint then at the end of the day it is just another lightweight build, my view was to se if people were going to be willing to see a carbon fibre MC, i would combine carbon with paint but would only allow about 5% paint,

that would be pretty cool to see I know the guys that made the Carbon Fiber Storm Troopers and those were pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back