Cardboard Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPwned

Jr Member
hey guys, wanted to build this as my project for the year in time for Halloween. Built it out of cardboard, same technique as I did with my MJOLNIR armor (just look at reference pics and build the thing by eye :p). Anywho, here's some pics, projected completion time will be in about 2 weeks hopefully. Got started on this thing at the beginning of September. Enjoy! :D

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

smilie120 said:
The front of the face is pepakura right? Nice work so far man! :)

yes sir, i was going to make the whole thing out of pep but didnt have time to complete it by Halloween

another update:
i took out the blue cloth for the eyes and put in some polarized lenses that my friend gave me.
IMG_0590-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Impressive!

I've never actuallt seen the film...This has made me want to! :]

thanks! you should watch it, it's an awesome movie :p

updated the first post with the painted picture

ipwned,

on my thread about my helmet I am doing you said that your helmet was put to shame.

Honestly, this is not bad at all! This is a great helmet!

The suit looks pretty good as well.

What kind of cardboard are you using? Regular stuff or the thin stuff?

IC

thanks guys! :D

Ironclover said:
ipwned,

on my thread about my helmet I am doing you said that your helmet was put to shame.

Honestly, this is not bad at all! This is a great helmet!

The suit looks pretty good as well.

What kind of cardboard are you using? Regular stuff or the thin stuff?

IC

i used thin cardboard on the helmet and then regular for the armor, since i wanted the armor to have a more "thicker" feeling and look.

iPwned said:
thanks guys! :D
i used thin cardboard on the helmet and then regular for the armor, since i wanted the armor to have a more "thicker" feeling and look.

fur sure. well if you ever need help with that thick stuff, just hit me up.

I have made 2 master chief helmets of it, and now I am on my first Iron Man.

That is the stuff that I have used on my helmet, which is now fully fiberglassed, Im just waiting for it to dry so that I can begin the bondo. I will get some pictures up on my post, 2nd Iron Man Attempt.

IC

my friend was kind enough to donate some LED's to me today, so i put them in the helmet for the eyes. Kinda hard to see though...gotta figure that one out :unsure:

anyways, here's some pics :)

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0614-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back