Cardboard Mjolnir Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etheric

Hi everyone,
I'm making a suit of Mjolnir Mark VI out of cardboard, among other cheap materials, for Halloween. I'm stumped on what materials to use for the helmet, though. The bulk of the helmet seems relatively simple, but I'm not sure what to use the visor. I'm on a very very small budget so I can't buy anything too expensive, and I don't really want to go with clear plastic. Any ideas?

Etheric said:
Hi everyone,
I'm making a suit of Mjolnir Mark VI out of cardboard, among other cheap materials, for Halloween. I'm stumped on what materials to use for the helmet, though. The bulk of the helmet seems relatively simple, but I'm not sure what to use the visor. I'm on a very very small budget so I can't buy anything too expensive, and I don't really want to go with clear plastic. Any ideas?
im not a master at this but you could use pepekura and all that stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
j0ey0x said:
im not a master at this but you could use pepekura and all that stuff

Yes, definately..

Pepakura is your friend! ;)

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648

If your planning for halloween, I'd go for a low-def pep file,, otherwise you won't get it done in time and there won't be a Master Chief at your halloween party :(

How are you making the rest of the armour? Ive never heard of anyone not doing it without pep...well, exept the mighty Adam I guess:lol:

Next time,, Q&A team. We can't spoon feed you forever!

If you want a cheap suit, you could always, just get a cheap black visor.
Im sure you could find them for less then 10 bucks

-FSS

there are some gold visors out thereonline for $20-25, but you'll have to look hard. go to a local motorcycle shop. they should have a ton of magazines that sell everything. I went to a local dealer and told him i was looking for a gold cheap visor. he opened up a huge, phone book sized magazine and help me look. got mine for $22 each so that turned out to be a great find.

also you don't have to use pep like everyone also says and or ask why. CB is ok to start out with. my first was a CB. I even won $$$ with it so just go out and have fun with it, learn from that.

Remember: have fun and be creative!

JediStumpy said:
have to use pep like everyone also says and or ask why. CB is ok to start out with. my first was a CB. I even won $$$ with it so just go out and have fun with it, learn from that.

Remember: have fun and be creative!
Excactly!! I wont my schools halloween costume contest with a suit wich wasnt even near to be done, no paint etc.
And i won, the principle said "genius, absolutely genius" i wonder how they would freak out when they see my current costume.

If your planning to use the costume for a 'one night affair' you dont have to spend all your savings on it.
With cardboard, you can get a high quality result too (if you have the time).

-FSS

Thanks for the responses, though I must admit I can't say I'm sorry for asking outside of a stickied post. While I respect terms of use guidelines, I'm not really sure what to "look for" in a search or sticky, hence coming out and simply asking my general question seemed like the best course of action.

Anyway, I should have my cardboard soon. The visor is the only material that I'm worried about though; I want it to look fairly authentic. I guess a motorcycle visor would be the best to use. Do those cut easily with a set of powerful sheers? Maybe a hot knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back