Cardboard Spiker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
I got bored over the summer, and never took pictures (if you can't tell, I'm not very organized XD ) Well I just did, so here they are:

All cardboard, and looking at a pep file for reference (and a few tricky parts, like barrel length, width, height, and front spike thingys)

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

I'm eventually going to paint this, probably not until the new year :(

Big Props On your Prop, Great Job on the Spiker it looks extremely good compared to real thing. Keep it up on the cardboard props I know it harder to make than pepping any weapon I've tried. All it need is a nice paint job keep us updated.

Corrected nice catch Underdogg13

This looks fantastic! One thing I would definitely recommend to make this thing look seamless--get a hold of some paper tape. All you have to do is get it wet and it dries pretty fast. It's tedious to go over all those angles, and definitely time-consuming, but it will make it look amazing. You can cover up those seams real nice so it looks like the real thing. Good work! Can't wait to see it finished.

angry_cabbage said:
That my good sir is called the spiker. The mauler is the mini shotgun thing.

I thought I had the wrong name... I don't play Halo 3 except during my LAN club, and that's only multiplayer. The only Halo game I have is Halo 1 (Must... get... halo... 2 & 3!)

Ah, Paper Tape or a different type of paper tape? (similar to paper mache?)

Maybe if I just use a flour and water paste, I could cover the sides (similar to using plumber's putty, only eco-friendly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, paper tape. I use it on all my projects.

http://www.plazaart.com/images/3286/Gummed Paper Tape.jpg

A flour and water paste MIGHT work, but I think it might be too gritty looking. *shrugs* I dunno.

The disadvantage with paper tape is when you paint over it, you will still slightly see the edges of the tape, just barely but if you're a stickler for details then it might bother you.

I usually paint with textures to help this problem.

RFPnoodle said:
The disadvantage with paper tape is when you paint over it, you will still slightly see the edges of the tape, just barely but if you're a stickler for details then it might bother you.

I usually paint with textures to help this problem.

Probably after I use the paper tape -or flour-water paste, which is more likely, as I try to do things as cheaply as possible- I can add a little weathering effect and some fake mud (not all weapons stay clean in combat y'know) to it so the edges are hidden like the staff facilities at Disney World.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back