Carnage's Mk Iv Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just about finished glassing my torso and ready to cut in half but before I get to that stage I was looking at webbing and clips ...I was wondering what size would be best ....so far I've found 20mm ....25mm.....40mm ....50mm what would you guys recommend.
Need a reply asap as I'm sat here with the ebay page open waiting to click and buy lol
Also for attaching the straps to the armour do i have to use chicago screws or would fibreglassing the straps inplace be ok?
I'm also a little concerned about the placing of the straps and clips I have tried to search but I've not seen any pics of the inside of anyones armour showing straps and clips inplace.
also attaching the abb section to the chest piece is a bit of a worry for me.
Here's where I'm upto so far fibreglassing almost done
I drew in a few possible cut lines not sure if they are correct or not.
100_0522cutline.jpg

100_0525cutlines.jpg

100_0524.jpg

Looks nice so far!

I would probably use 25mm or 1.25 inch webbing. For securing the straps I used epoxy, but I think fiber glassing over them would be secure.

Here's where I cut my chest piece:
cut.jpg

I'll get a picture of my chest webbing in a little bit too.

Edit:

Here is the top section: (I strapped like that since I didn't have any extra buckles.)
combined.jpg

Bottom:
SL372236.jpg

aswsome thx for the responce and great pics of where to cut exactally what I was looking for ...I'm going to go ahead and order the clips and webbing now ...I look forward to the pics of the mounted clips :)

Also how did you fasten your Ab section to your armour ?

how did I miss that?

Its a cool tut but it still doesn't really show how the straps and absection is attached to the chest section

Great just what I needed now I have a reference on what I need to do ...cant thankyou enough.
I just ordered 10 metres webbing and 10 clips and sliders all 40mm
I think I'll go larger for the belt for holding up the legs ...not sure yet but since I'll have some left overs from the current order I can experitment with those.
Thanks again :)
Just need to figure out the ab section as I'm making squirels chest the ab section is seperate from the chest any idea's ?

Welcome to the 405th!
Keep up the good work and hoping to see the completed armor.
Love the Iron Man helmet so far, working on my own also

Ok so I managed to cut the chest piece in 2 and try it on for size.
I have also made the ab section of the chest piece but I've still to figure out how to attach it to the chest.
I was wanting to wear a pressure suit under the armour but I doubt I'll be able to ..I've trimmed all I can round the edges so that it fits me ...but there isn't much room left.
I'm 5ft 8 and I made the chest piece 41.2cm high ......what do you reckon ...I should make it larger ...if so how much larger without it looking silly ...or have I made it to small to begin with???
I've not added any straps yet so ignore the finger I'm not pointing at anything just holding it in place.
100_0526.jpg

100_0527.jpg

personal opinion the chest looks a little small but other than that you doing a good job

K I'm gonna re-make the chest ....was thinking maybe 44.2cm ??
Also I cant get the damn ab section to attach properly what am I doing wrong lol

*sighs*

First, don't bump your own topic after only three hours if you have nothing useful to post. Bad idea and it's pretty pointless.

Second, whatever size you think is best. It's up to you - we can't tell you the scale you need, you'll have to work it out yourself.

Third: try the same method that Koobs used to fit the chestplate's halves together - the abdomen plate needs to be flexible and not rigid to the chestplate, so strapping the two together is your ideal option. That, or fix it permanently to your underarmor.

Crucible said:
*sighs

Third: try the same method that Koobs used to fit the chestplate's halves together - the abdomen plate needs to be flexible and not rigid to the chestplate, so strapping the two together is your ideal option. That, or fix it permanently to your underarmor.

1st K sorry was being impatient I guess sorry about that with the Bump and all

2nd Tried looking at Koobs topics dont see anything about attaching the absection....I'll keep looking....looked at all of koobs topics dont see anything I'll try to mail Koob.

3rd and this is really boiling my blood I've seen lots of folks asking for pointers and opinions regarding the size of the pieces of armour and so on ...all having positve responces and helpful suggestions so please tell me why I cant ask people if they think the armour is to small or to big on me??? I really want to know why you think I'm not allowed to ask if the chest piece I just worked very hard on I might add is to small or not and if to maybe make it 3cm's bigger or more ??? I'm gonna stop typing now before I really lose my cool

Last edited by a moderator:
ok as far as the abs section i made a little flap that attached in the center with velcro so it could move folded it into a v shape then glued it to chest piece then attacked velcro to abs section and the little flap

Well guys I re-made my chest and back piece......cut it in two.....bonbo'd sanded and painted it.
I then tried to attach the both pieces using the buckle and strap method but I couldn't get the straps tight enough to pull both pieces together to make them fit flush and still be able to reach the buckles.
So I tried the magnet method this also was a totall failure as my armour was cut wrong for the magnet method.

Anyways long story short attempted the magnet method today after a long 12 hour shift at work so I was tired and irritated
I ened up throwing the armour on the floor and stamping all over it. I'm gonna wait till the end of the month before starting again.

I just dont want to go through it all again and still not be able to get the pieces to strap together properly and waste even more money on experimenting.

I also bought a impact rig to wear under the armour.....guess what ...yup wont fit under the armour properly and if I scale the armour any bigger it will look stupid. So not had a good time lately lol.

I had the same damn problem with my mark iv chest piece. I scaled it according to my height of 70 inches and it came out waaay too small. I have had to start from scratch even though i had the whole thing resined. the belly was too thin and the chest front was too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back