carter helmet build/ marine helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

loxton117

just started making a carter helmet and halo 3 marine helmet, I've never used papercraft method before and it looks tons easier and cheaper than using apoxie clays and so on :)
Question? how do you post pics into this?

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

i was able to resin and rondo both helmets this afternoon and get picks up :D
5.jpg
[/IMG]
6.jpg
[/IMG]
now for the marine helmet
allbuilds074.jpg
[/IMG]
allbuilds073.jpg
[/IMG]
of course neither one is done, still sanding, painting, sealing and padding to do

during the night i rondoed the outside of the carter helm and sanded it back, then cut out the visor . . . and in an experiment i accidentally ruined the gold visor i was going to use :p so now it shall be silver
10.jpg
[/IMG]
9.jpg
[/IMG]
and now it has a base coat on it
11.jpg
[/IMG]

*clap clap You're moving along nicely I can see. Good job with your pep work being your first time! the build looks great so far, good luck with both your helmets

thanks a ton for your support guys! I'm also tossing up between which chest piece to make, I'm stuck between the mark V from reach or the Mark VI?

ok so I've managed to do most the paint work on the carter helmet, and i added a detail thats not in the game. . .
12.jpg
[/IMG]
14.jpg
[/IMG]
15.jpg
[/IMG]
16.jpg
[/IMG]
17.jpg
[/IMG]
now i still need to sand back battle damage and seal it... then fix the visor, fans and padding into it :)

great work! I'm currently working on the same pep file, found a few inaccuracies with it. Yours looks great! Keep up the good work.

well 20 mins after posting my last pics i sanded back some paint to show the silver undercoat for worn effect :) the visor in the helmet in these pics is just a template. also i personally don't like the red strips along the top of the helmet so i never added them on.
20.jpg
[/IMG]
21.jpg
[/IMG]
i should be getting some screws to add in my visor soon and tomorrow night i will solder the fans together to stick in :)

i now have the fans done and fixed in, when i got the visor in I'll put more pics up, and weather permitting ill be able to go outside and sand the marine helmet back

Nice job so far, bro! And to think its your first time doing pepakura too.
Btw, which pep file did you use. I've got both and can't decide which one is better to use. LOL

wow, great work so far with the pepping and the overall finish. I liked that you did a silver coat first so you could sand off the outside and make it look weathered. Im making a full Carter armor set to wear and I was wondering, what color's did you use for the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back