Center Grove High School Percussion World 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

So, I posted this video in the "What Instrument Do You Play" thread and figured not many would see it, so here it is in it's own thread.

I am currently a student and percussionist at Center Grove High School and I am in the Indoor Percussion. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's sort of like marching band, but only percussion and indoors.

Center Grove is a World Champion and has won world twice consecutively.

This is the show from '05 that won World. I think you'll like it :p.

The name of the show is Synishure (I think that's how you spell it...)

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
that is awesome! im going to add this to my favorites on you tube, whats the name so i can add it!!! never mind i figured it out

What I think is amazing about this is that:

1. I KNOW some of those people

2. I'm in the Center Grove Indoor Percussion

It's just so hard to grasp that I am in this badass group!

This is awesome! I go to Syracuse University and my marching band director is a Halo nut too - he would totally have us march to the Halo theme song hahaha

i'm in the PURDUE "ALL-AMERICAN" Marching Band. Our drum line would love to do something like that. when ever i'm in our hall of music i alwasy here a drum or bell or xphone being "banged" on. they sound great! i would love for a unversity band to do a halo show. it would be a crowd pleaser fo-show!!!. glad to see other still in band out a high school. being in a college band is one of the best times our you life!

That's awsome, pure win. I was trying to get our band director to do the full song, with the instruments we lacked transposed into others. I actually had all of the major sheet music at one time, but alas, he went with a song from Star Wars. >_>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spartan137 @ Mar 26 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So, I posted this video in the "What Instrument Do You Play" thread and figured not many would see it, so here it is in it's own thread.

I am currently a student and percussionist at Center Grove High School and I am in the Indoor Percussion. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's sort of like marching band, but only percussion and indoors.

Center Grove is a World Champion and has one world 3 times, twice consecutively.

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></div>

nice

First off, I'd like to thank you for making me miss High School AGAIN. I was a snare drummer in High School for 3 yrs and a bass drum player for a year before that. My school went to ACC's my senior year, and if you know what that is then you know I loved the fact I got to go out with a bang(no pun intended).

Second, OMG you formations where nuts. I mean good and bad nuts. Who's crazy idea was it to march around barefoot on a tarp? I know how hard it is to move around with a 40lb drum hanging off your waist, and your band members were lucky no one twisted or broke their ankle running around like that on that thing. Other than that, I'm sure there were plenty of collisions in practices doing those some of those moves. I must say they were most excellent maneuvers though. I never did like the dancing around stuff though. I know it's part of a performance, but it just never seemed to belong in an indoor drumline show. Not for me anyway.

I never got to do indoor drumline my senior year as our instructor said the organization we competed in was becoming less and less about performance and more about who could put on a bigger show. They went as far as allowing wind instruments and electric guitars and such. The rest is history.

I still miss performing in a line sometimes. :(

We are currently in our 8th year of WGI Indoor competitions and I don't think we have had one injury related to the movements. Crazy, huh?

But if you meet these guys, you'll quickly pick up that the drums weight does not bother them. They usually practice in the summer (for Marching Band) in 90+ degree weather for about 11 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I am in the pit, so we usually practice inside with the AC :p.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spartan137 @ Mar 26 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So, I posted this video in the "What Instrument Do You Play" thread and figured not many would see it, so here it is in it's own thread.

Center Grove is a World Champion and has one world 3 times, twice consecutively.

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></div>
Wow..they played well..

Thats very cool, and a very nice performance. Hey 23Magnum why don't you do Drum Corps? The Reading Buccaneers in PA will allow any age to join, you may want to look it up. I wish I could do a Halo show myself, but I don't think my drum corp would want to do it. lol

Hmmm?! Interesting, I didn't think many Drum Corps let people join after aging out at 21, but maybe that's only in the DCI Corps. I'm not sure I'm up to par anymore, but it's nice to know I could have another shot at it. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah DCA is more popular in the NE US with a whole bunch of Corps in NY but the one from Reading PA is the current champion. I'm in a lower level one myself (a lower class) and am a bass drummer. There is no real age limit, and there are more parties lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back