Cheap Reinforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT GRAVE

hey guys, ive been working on my RX-78 Gundam, and it has a lot of smooth flat areas on it that dont seem to stay flat. so while i was in a $1 store, i saw they have packs of craft sticks, or posicle sticks if your from Canada.

so i though, use these to keep areas flat. i know that they are not straight, but they do what i intended.

couldnt find this posted anywhere else in here.

so i thinks this may be a good idea

DSCN0857.jpg

This is a great idea, I've printed out the pep files then cut out individual sections out of cardboard, and stuck them onto the inside of the relevant sections of the helmet. Same idea, different execution. Your idea however would save a lot of time, good work :p

thanks, i was thinking of your idea, but thought that cardboard doesnt have the same strength the sticks would.

however the cardboard would fit a better and larger area. i still prefer the strength for when i resin it

No you're right. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other is probably best if you were to use this method to reinforce. Would you add resin straight over the top? or add something into the inside to smooth it off a bit first?

the inside doesnt matter. it can be fixed with bondo or flexible foam. which i am doing with my mk6 biceps.

one thing to remember, anything can be covered to look properly

I use the paint sticks at lowes or home depot, they are free

Chop sticks from any Chinese food place, Free also

Pop sickle sticks after I eat the goods off it, free in the end

Straws from fast food places, free again

Thats all I can think of right now

Unbadass said:
I use the paint sticks at lowes or home depot, they are free

Chop sticks from any Chinese food place, Free also

Pop sickle sticks after I eat the goods off it, free in the end

Straws from fast food places, free again

Thats all I can think of right now

dude, they are 200 for $1 and i used 10 on a shin

Last edited by a moderator:
I used these Popsicle sticks (I'm Canadian)to enforce my Assault Rifle. It really helped the structural integrity before I filled the entire thing with foam. I would recommend anything from sticks to cardboard to hold your pep steady until you can enforce with something stronger because if your pep folds/warps...well it sucks.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back