Chevysrule/Bevbor/Boba Fett MA-37 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

murishani047

Okay. I'm building the afore mentioned assault rifle for the first time. This is not the first pep build for me, but definitely the most complex so far (I've done various ODST that I plan to post soon). I've started pepping and will post some pics soon (hopefully), bbut I have a question. Should I resin/fiberglass/whatever each individual section and *then* glue/attach them together or go ahead and combine everything then harden it?

Well I meant to get on and post some pictures today but I forgot to move the folder with all the pics onto my flash drive! :angry But I'll do a little update anyway.

I started pepping with hot glue, and finished the front cover, flashlight, foregrip, and compensator. I started to build the ammo counter and barrel (special story on barrel later). That was all the cardstock I had left. I then realised that I'm terrible at pepping cylinders, especially small ones. So my girlfriend had bought me a new package of cardstock for Christmas, and I went ahead and printed the whole thing out again and plan to start from scratch, and take even more precautions against warping, seeing as hot glue and cylindrical shapes don't go well together. The front cover turned out fairly well (again, pics soon), but it warped slightly. Not sure if there's a better way to avoid this, but I plan on trying to avoid it by not using hot glue this time. I was thinking a glue stick for the most part, seeing as I built the majority of a Reach EOD helmet with regular paper and glue stick.
Comments on that? Also, I decided I'm going to find a way to harden each pieces individually, as to further reduce cracks/warping, and also to be able to "field strip" the rifle into it's basic components for either storage or just to say it can be field stripped ('cause you know, everyone loves little quirky features on custom guns). Ok, update time over. Feel free to comment or leave a suggestion! and remember, PICS COMING SOON!! *ipromise*

Here's a quick pic of what I had done. Hopefully I can go into more detail tomorrow. (please excuse my crappy cylindrical pepping skills/warping)

36635205-1968-4FBE-AF6D-CAED1C685278_zpssz6wgr25.jpg

Attachments

• 36635205-1968-4FBE-AF6D-CAED1C685278_zpssz6wgr25.jpg
    36635205-1968-4FBE-AF6D-CAED1C685278_zpssz6wgr25.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back