Chiefwannabe's free-hand odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefwannabe

HEY GUYS!!
Ive been building an ODST costume and I am going to document my progress!!! YAY!!
HERE WE GO!!

Ive all ready built most of the armour sections but i may redo some.
IMG_4738.JPG
Hips
IMG_4739.JPG
Belt assembly
IMG_4740.JPG
Hips (may redo)
IMG_4744.JPG
shins
IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4742.JPG
SHOULDERS (really shiny!)
IMG_4743.JPG
And the chest(not final colour just a test. The real colour will be silver)

Well thats all for now!! see you later 405th!!!!

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

IMG_4744.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys!!!

I got a little bit more done yesterday but forgot to post it so I will do it now!!
IMG_4749.jpg
IMG_4750.jpg
I re-painted the armour red and I will go over the black on the chest again.
IMG_4752.jpg
And i built that thingy at the front of the chest.

Thats all for now !!

Hi all !!

I built the body plate, torso thing and I think it looks pretty sweet
IMG_4756.jpg
IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg
Although I tried putting all the pieces onto the chest and the chest looks pathetic!
IMG_4760.jpg

So I will rebuild the chest plate tomorrow along with the back pack

More tomorrow guys!!!!

Hey again I did a little more work and i rebuilt the chest plate and it looks so much cooler!
IMG_4761.jpgIMG_4762.jpg
I made a template with some reference images.
IMG_4764.jpg
I then transferred those to foam and built the chest
IMG_4765.jpg
A side by side comparison. I don't know why but the original looks very cartoony.
IMG_4770.jpg
This is actually the fourth ODST chest plate that I have built and so far its my favourite
IMG_4772.jpgIMG_4773.jpgIMG_4774.jpg
The first one looked like an elephant and the second had all the wrong shapes so i used it to test the paint but I left it in the rain and the paint started cracking (But it looked cool!)

And here is the old one on the torso in comparison to the new one.
IMG_4769.jpgIMG_4768.jpg

Thanks guys and I hope to be able to show you guys some more soon!!:D

Its dead quiet on this thread!!

Anyway I made some progress today and yesterday not much though
Ill just put on some pictures of my progress:)
IMG_4795.jpgIMG_4796.jpg

Just keep posting........Don't feel that just because it's quiet means people aren't here. Looking great so far. Fantastic even. I'll be sure to print out your pictures as reference when I build my ODST.

You're doing great! And yeah, just because there aren't a lot of comments doesn't mean we aren't all following you.

Keep up the great work!

"I'm just a witness"

Looks Fantastic!!! great job so far.....If I may make a suggestion.....crazy glue the edges of the detail pieces down. You don't want them catching on anything when moving around. They will rip right off. When I've done detail pieces and there is a curve to it....I curl the piece to "wrap" around where I'm gluing it to. .....I know...I know......clear as mud........You want the detail piece to sit almost flush to the main piece w/o gluing it yet. this way the edges stay in close. Hope that reads better on here than in my head.......

Thanks for the tip!!:cheers
I had used the method of scoring the foam the going over it with the heat gun it to get the detail lines and then it started warping.
Im not sure I can get crazy glue where I live but Im sure that any decent quality super glue would work.
Thanks again man!

you could try contact cement......or hit it w/ the heat gun after it been attached.

Cheers again!
I learnt that when it is still hot after the detail lines have been etched, I bent it around and smoothed it out on a flat surface, therefor it sat flush with the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back