Props Christmas Gift For My Brother: Re4 Knife Wip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang2500

Hey guys, to start off, I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this, but I figured it was a weapon.

Anyways, my brother is a massive Resident Evil fan; so with my new talents I developed, I figured I'd build him Leon's knife, hopefully 1:1 scale. Unfortunately, I can't really find any really good pictures to go by, but I've got some good ones to help me out.

I was going to build it out of wood - even cardboard - but then thought it would be total badass to have it made out of metal. So, I got a strip of some type of metal (not sure what), cut it out with a jigsaw (with a metal bit, of course) and started to grind it down. I was just testing tonight how sharp I could hopefully get it, and damn is it ever. Almost cuts my skin.

So, here's a couple of pics:

SANY1008.jpg

Here's the basic shape of the knife. I'm gonna try and have as much detail as possible, and even have the insignia. I am also planning on making the handle wood, but painting it black.

SANY1012.jpg

Here's a picture showing the edge of the blade so far. Sorry about the lights, my camera isn't the best for closeups, so I had to get more light in it.

re4renderknife.png

And for those of you who don't know, this is what the knife looks like.

So I still have to do some more beveling, make the edge, and the handle. Tell me what you think, I'm sure there's some Resident Evil fans here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back