chromed out masterchief idea

how should the suit look??

• chrome parts with black for undersuit??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chrome parts with a chrome sort of undersuit?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was just basically the best i could do with photoshop to give you guys and idea of what i want it to look like. instead of being a "dirty white" it will actually have a mirrored finish to it. where the bullet dents and scratches are im gunna have like silver weathering to make it look like the chrome got shot off and there is silver underneath.

hope that give you and idea of what i mean :) i cant wait!!!

does anyone have an extra hand piece lying around that they can ship to me for paint tests?? i would soooooo appreciate it!! i have a mold, i just dont exacly have the means to reproduce it!!

Just as Sean stated, Vacuum-metalizing would be the way to go. Its a fairly common and done quite a bit actually. It would run you about $1,500 to do the whole suit. Your suit would have to be clean, plastic, vac-formed suit though. No home-made resin over paper etc styles to do that process.

Chrome spray paints, chrome paint of anykind will tarnish the minute you touch it (well within an hour). I have seen and help TK-409 around in his vacuum-metalized suit, and it takes fingerprints well, but you can wipe them off.

Chrome would be cooler than a black suit yes. It reflects, does not absorb.

It would be "blingin" if done though. No weathering, black undersuit and that would be an awesome suit.

Actually, if you ARE fortunate enough to have access to a vacuum former, my plastics supplier carries two-way mirror Acrylic sheets.

Awefully spendy, and I'm not yet sure if these sheets can be used in vacuum-forming yet, but I intend to find out some time in the near future. :shock:

well i dont have the cash to do the metalized suit, all i will be able to do is chrome paint it. so i figure i will chrome it, then clear coat it after its been chromed so that it wont get all weird and i can wipe prints off.

i was planning on doing like some bullet marks on the armor like on the chest or something and having a silver revealed kinda but now im reconsidering. ill decide eventually.

i do have access to a vacuum forming machine, i just lack the oven because i never completed the project to start my massproduction of my stormtrooper suits.

points well taken, thanks a lot guys! keep them ideas rollin in

Well, I don't know if it will work, but I painted my fingernails this morning (I know, what a girly thing to do) but I noticed that they were really shiny. If you were to take some sort of laquer that was chrome colored like nail polish, that would work as long as you clear-coated it a few times afterwards. That would give you the self-smoothing look, and it would dry rather quickly. Good luck, and post up pictures when you are done!

Of course, you can take it to a chrome coating place, and they'll do it for you. All they do is dip it in a vat of chrome, and as far as I know, it's rather inexpensive. I live in a town of about 5,000 people, so if there's one in my town, there's one within fifty miles of you, unless you live in Montana. Then you're out of luck. Auto detail shops would work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back