3D printed mkVI build (Citruspers)

Can confirm, before reinforcing my back armor fell of the chair while painting and it shattered back into a couple pieces. You just need more surface area to get a good bond. Ideally with some reinforcement to prevent shearing.

I can't recommend fiberglass though, at least not the loose sheets I bought. They came apart when I was applying the resin and turned into loose fibers/splinters. You do NOT want fiberglass splinters anywhere near you, and sanding them requires a LOT of PPE.

That's why I switched to bug netting/tulle fabric. Easy to cut into the right shape with scissors, tack it down with a dot of superglue and then cover with one or 2 layers of resin. Much safer and (hopefully!) strong enough.
View attachment 345680
Brilliant. What do you use for padding inside? I imagine also you would take that into account when measuring and fitting.

We got some nice weather and I'm getting some more things done. Some base coats for the armor pieces, but more importantly, I got to try the final color for the Plasma Grenade, and made some headway with the cortana chip :)

Plasma nade violet cortana chip.png

I used Motip Effect Metallic Violet and man, does it seem a good match for "covenant purple". Pretty stoked to see the whole thing assembled.

Quite happy with how things turned out today :D

plasma grenade coats.png

The plasma grenade still needs some assembly. The original model has space for magnets and LEDs, but I'm not sure if I want to go that far.

cortana chip painted.png

I have a ball-chain (like you see on dogtags) on the way that I'm going to thread through the chip.

One interesting thing about this paintjob is that it changes with the light. Soft (indoor) lighting makes the body come out somewhat gunmetal grey, whereas bright light outdoors makes it look more silver. Layers are primer -> glossy black -> metallic silver -> matte varnish

P.S. both models were made by OddWorks: Get more from OddWorks on Patreon

Whoops, wrong franchise. Got distracted :lol:

View attachment 346225
Lol, I like it though. Helldivers, Helljumpers, same thing really.
The plasma grenade still needs some assembly. The original model has space for magnets and LEDs, but I'm not sure if I want to go that far.
Electronics are really fun in any project, but for a plasma grenade I feel like magnets are a must-have if you've got the option. Nothing better than being able to stick it to something, right?

Man, I really want that BR...
What paint did you use for that plasma grenade? It looks great?
Also, you should hide snacks inside that bubble shield generator. At least I would haha

Lol, I like it though. Helldivers, Helljumpers, same thing really.

Electronics are really fun in any project, but for a plasma grenade I feel like magnets are a must-have if you've got the option. Nothing better than being able to stick it to something, right?
True! But the plasma nade has like 20 magnets inside of it, all of the panels can detach etc. Not sure if I want to go that far :)

Man, I really want that BR...
What paint did you use for that plasma grenade? It looks great?
Also, you should hide snacks inside that bubble shield generator. At least I would haha
Thanks! The paint is Motip Effect Metallic Violet.

Finally got around to finishing up the wiring for my helmet. I still need to bundle and secure the actual wires, but everything's connected now:

helmet wiring connected.png

Of course I took it outside in the darkness. This is at the lowest brighness:

helmet night.png

And this is full-blast :lol:

helmet night bright.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back