Clandestinely Acquiring Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericCola

Jr Member
Hey 405th,

I've decided to build my Dad a Mk V helmet for Christmas, but I have a problem-- I don't know how big his head is. Has anybody else done anything like this before? Does anybody have any ideas for acquiring his measurements without him asking any questions, or preferably even knowing?

Luckily it doesn't need to be a perfect size, as he likely won't wear it more than once or twice just to fool around with it, but it'd be nice if it still fit.

Thanks!

did you try to get one of is hat ? use the circle to mesure the width and use this width and devided by 2 and use that mesure

walasy

did you try to get one of is hat ? use the circle to mesure the width and use this width and devided by 2 and use that mesure

walasy

I think what you meant was just 'find the width'. Dividing that measurement by half will result in a helmet for ants.

Regardless, the principle is sound - if your father has a hat or something kicking about, you can use that to get a rough idea of the width and depth of his head. From there it's simply a matter of allowing an extra bit of space in your helmet for fitting. The Mk V helmet has the extended brim, so you may want to base the scale primarily from the width, though.

I think what you meant was just 'find the width'. Dividing that measurement by half will result in a helmet for ants.

Regardless, the principle is sound - if your father has a hat or something kicking about, you can use that to get a rough idea of the width and depth of his head. From there it's simply a matter of allowing an extra bit of space in your helmet for fitting. The Mk V helmet has the extended brim, so you may want to base the scale primarily from the width, though.

I don't go to his place much, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to find a hat of his, but I'll try to swing by this weekend and see if I can find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back