Clear Acrylic Spray To Harden a Helmet Before/Instead of Resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAce

Has anyone done this before? And if so, what was the result? Or is this a bad idea?

My art teacher suggested it and I don't know what to think of it. Being my first helmet, I REALLY am trying to stick to the traditional method.

Anyone who can shed light on this please post!

Thanks again guys!

Yea, I ended up going with the resin. It hardened overnight so I'll be going to the rondo step today after school :DDDDD

I have personaly tried clear acrylic spary to strengthen my armor before, and it does not work whatsoever! =P

I'm not sure about acrylic spray working but... Black acrylic just normal brush on paint worked for me a little. But i ended up going with resin cause it only strengthened it a little until it was about cardboard strong.

Has anyone done this before? And if so, what was the result? Or is this a bad idea?

My art teacher suggested it and I don't know what to think of it. Being my first helmet, I REALLY am trying to stick to the traditional method.

Anyone who can shed light on this please post!

Thanks again guys!

Tried this in the past as a way of hardening/strengthening a part it did'nt work too well.

Any type of spray paint product is not going to be strong enough to rely on as a hardener. However, I did use a couple coats of acrylic paint during the sanding phase to fill in small imperfections. If you try this, either wait until the paint is fully dry before sanding or be ready for the extra work of cleaning up the half dry, balled up, smeared around paint lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back