Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
orrr. as nz said

vaccum form it. build a box with pegboard on the top and another is just a frame. staple the sheet of plastic onto the frame. put a hole in the box with pegboard and attach a vacuum

put your cut and fiberglasssed pep visor on the pegboard. heat the plastic put it ontop of the visor turn on vacuum an bam a shield :p

I did not use heat for mine. Heat is not good on a tinted visor. I just make some groove inside the visor, where they are suppose to see a fold and after that you fold it.

When I say I use the same technique, it because I cut it the same way then you.

I can try to post a pic of the visor only if you want?

Pat

Achille said:
It's the dying that turns off some people. I know when I tried dying my ODST, it turned out like a big ol' bag of fail.

Although... if you vac-formed the sun visor itself, it'd be pre-dyed. Unless the dye reacted to the heat, of course.

You can dye clear sheet acrylic with Rit dye that you can get from Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. It's generally used as a fabric dye but if you follow the directions for mixing and heat the dye it will be hot enough to soak into the acrylic sheet. You may need to dip it a few times but this seems to work well for this type of thing. We use Rit dye to color our resin prototypes at school. 1/16" acrylic sheet will work well for getting a visor curve without heat, just don't bend it too far or it will snap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back