Soft Parts Clothing For H3 Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Question what kind of clothing and accessories will I need for my H3 Marine I plan to have done for Dragon*Con? What I mean is what kind of BDU's would be best, do I need a pistol holster and belt of some kind? I think when I met Texan2012 at All-Con he had a boot knife and sheath, is that optional? Just trying to make sure I get everything.

It looks like the Halo 3 marines have thigh rigs, similar in appearance ot this:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1370

You can mount your pistol holster there if you wish. It's a better spot than trying to draw from your belt anyhow.

As far as the tactical gear goes (i.e. not the armor but little pouches and such), I would go ahead and just wear what is comfortable for you. Just imagine you were going into combat..what would you want, and where for comfort and easy access? What is the Marine you're dressing up as equipped with? What are they packing for?

H3_Zune_Marine.jpg
120px-Halo_3_Marine.jpg

One guy is decked out with a lot of extra SMG pouches, the other one only has a few mag pouches on his belt. Individual equipment, like in the real world, will vary, and I'm guessing this will continue as the McFarlane toys already indicate Reach army troopers are equipped differently if they're "heavy" or "light"

That's bit of a complicated answer, but the simple answer is that as long as you have the basic armor and the BDUs, the extras may vary.

My advice may not result be a very canonical marine, but I enjoy brining a little real-world military feel type of spin. :) Just consider real US marines.

n1234605_31966997_5003.jpg

n1234605_41321988_2899.jpg

n1234605_41322160_581.jpg

n1234605_39953471_6758.jpg

n1234605_39953400_2757.jpg

None of these guys are wearing the same tactical gear. The only thing that's the same is their basic protective gear (camouflage, vests, helmet, eye protection, throat protector, gloves), yet they're all recognizeable as Marines due to a few basic elements. I feel it's the same with Halo marine costumes. If you have the right helmet/armor, then I wouldn't sweat the little things like pistols or knives. Consider it all optional.

As far as BDUs go, the Halo3 marines appear to have lighter colored BDUs.

Thanks for the images Trooper that helps a ton. At least now I know where the greaves sit at from looking at the H3 pics the BDU's look a lot like desert BDUs so if that's right I can probably get a set from my brother. Also in the classifieds section, I'll be doing a run of the boot armor first 3 people get the boot armor for free, just waiting for my molding supplies then I can get started on that.

i would say the best to use and what im goin to get and use when i make my marine later is usmc desert marpat.

do you want bdu's or acu's?
you could got deset acu or woodland bdu
thats what i would go with

From the look of the BDUs in the game the current marine dig BDU would be the closet (it looks to be a very brown sand color) and I don't know about any other guys but those of us who were in the army would never subject our Army Combat Uniform to a marine armor... don't worry jar-heads you know I'm just messin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back