Props CNC'ed halo reach rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got full access to the CNC and shop at USC and UCLA and never considered trying this until now! looks great!

did some work on it yesterday
reachar6.jpg

reachar7.jpg

Looks like you need to clean it up some more, but I guess that's the least of your worries? ;)

Link, the AR looks wonderful. Hopefully mine will turn out as detailed as yours!

wow this is lookin awesome, I really can't wait to see the classifieds to see if I can get one of these casts!

curious, since i am a manual machinist and going to school for CNC. Did you just use the Pepakura files and upload it to AutoCad or Solidworks? Did you have to do a conversion? I am not going to take away your business, but how cool would it be to make something from halo for a project!!! LOL. Anyways I hope can throw some info my way , even if in PM. THanks!

theres some detail thats missing so i'll be adding those in.
Missing detail? :( I thought I got in every single one, no matter how minute.

How did the two recessed areas in the front where the barrel and flashlight were attached turn out?

I just noticed, in the second/middle top front section, that rounded rectangle might not actually stick out; it may face inward instead. However I am really not sure which way it goes because it looks like the in-game version is bump mapped.

Note to some questioning people:
1) This file is being unfolded currently for pep, I do not know a release time. I initially planned a less-definition version, but time has not permitted it.
2) Shoot me an e-mail if you want the file now for personal use (since Link and Alex got first dibs on selling it, and there is no sense in multiple people selling the exact same thing on the same site). My response will typically be delayed as I have little free time.

Looking great Link. :D

How much did you bulk it up by? By eye it's looking about 1.500'' across the top of the receiver now.

reachar7.jpg

THAT IS EPIC!!! i want one. wish i could get to that classifieds. sooner or later i will.. hopefully sooner!

I am continually impressed with your work, Link. In the words of Wayne and Garth: "We're not worthy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back