ColFork85 1st Build - Agent Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another month goes by, and a pit more progress. Finally got some smooth-cast, and one of my group finally got done pepping his Operator helmet, so now there are 3 more helmets that much closer to being done. It's been difficult to find the appropriate time to get work done, considering I work full time, but that's why I've got a group of 3, myself included, working on armor. My friend Ryos and Kitty Mayhem are collaborating, where I do the bulk of the pep and helmet work(Ryos did his own, and if he decides to make a complete suit, he wants to make it all himself, and I don't blame him), and KM does a lot with the foam, while I do some of the foam stuff.

Anywho, enough dribble, progress shots:

null_zps5ab9b7fe.jpg

null_zps5a255443.jpg

null_zps7079aabc.jpg

null_zps1bd3965e.jpg

null_zps8b27df55.jpg

null_zps32d994b8.jpg

I'm thinking of doing a coat of smooth-cast on the outer part of my Mk.V instead of Bondo, as I don't really have too much to smooth out.

So, it's been about a year since I've posted in my own thread. Main suit is done, including some extra/alternate parts I ended up commissioning, but I've been to three cons since my last update.

YoumaCon 2013:

IMG_0229.JPG

Midwest Media Expo:

Body_shot_outside.jpg

Motor City Comic Con:

IMG_0398.JPG

I've also started revamping some parts, and making new ones(I didn't make the Mk.VI or Mk.V helmets in the following pics, Mk.V is from Impact Props and the Mk.VI is from Tucker Props):

IMG_0448.JPGIMG_0449.JPGIMG_0464.JPGIMG_0466.JPG

I'm also going to attempt to make a DMR out of EVA foam/pvc pipe, and a new cod piece with ab plate.

Stay tuned, maybe I'll make it from the noob section to the creation discussion, lol.

Agent Michigan? I take it you must live in Michigan then? :p Where abouts? If you are not TOO far, a few friends are trying to get a "Spartan Hangout" together on August 17th and it's just a friendly get together to talk about armor and stuff. :p I'm hoping to go, still not sure though.

So, maybe I'm in over my head, maybe I'm just trying to expand my "box" of skill. We'll see.

Template was slightly modified from DaFrontline Trooper.

IMG_0487.JPG

Looks good man. I am also from michigan. Hartford area. Kool build. You going to be get any of the new halo s coming out we should suit up and get a few spartans to go to a midnight realease.

Thanks! I'm unsure how the DMR is going to end up, but at least I'll learn something from it, if it's a failure. I'm in the Kalamazoo area myself.

A bit more progress. I know it's really not much to report, but I figure If I commit to make a post a night, it'll make me have a reason to post.

I got the whole thing trimmed out and outlined what's actually going to be made out of foam(as in the barrels and scope aren't going to be cut out of the foam) and traced onto the foam.

IMG_0489.JPG

Then, to keep the template safe, I went old school, and put it on my fridge. A 42.75 inch long template is hard to keep safe without rolling it up, which I don't want to do.

IMG_0491.JPG

Well, I hope to have a good reason to make a post tomorrow.

Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to seeing this at youmacon!

Spoiler, not a good camera shot.

I got the motivation to cut out the halves, and here they are in relation to me. I'm 6', though leaning a bit in the picture, and this is only the main body of the weapon. The edges are very rough, but this was intentional. They will be sanded down once both halves are glued together. I'm seeking out options to make it stiff from butt stock to where it meets the barrel. I don't want a floppy rifle, lol.

Img_0492_Trimmed.jpg

Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to seeing this at youmacon!

It may or may not be there. as much as I have it rolling, and as much as I want it to be there, I'm not making any promises.

Update, seeing as I didn't make a post last night, I'll post one before I get ready for work.

I'm working on a good skeleton for it, to keep it ridged but not heavy. The barrel lengths are not final, and for the main barrel and skeleton I will use a thinner PVC piping. This is still in a planning stage, and I can't get more PVC for another week or two.

Enjoy!

IMG_0493.JPG

P.S. I also did new hand plates, they are the FUD ones, just not putting the detail bits in, as I think they look more tough this way.

Oh wow I found your thread! I met you at Motor City Comic Con, I was the orange and red spartan asking about your suit. Youve certainly come far. It looks so cool in person, pictures dont do it justice.

Your armor was pretty awesome! (See below)

IMG_0381.JPG

There's a bunch of us planning on going to YoumaCon at the end of October, check the Misfits link in my sig to coordinate!

Your armor was pretty awesome! (See below)

View attachment 1959

There's a bunch of us planning on going to YoumaCon at the end of October, check the Misfits link in my sig to coordinate!

Yeah I wish it was still app together when you got to see it. apparently there was still some kinks in it. Im surprising glad to see you get a picture of it from the back, I dont have one so its good to see what it looks like.

As for YoumaCon I'll see what I can do but I dont think I could make it.

No worries! Make whatever you can!

-----------------------

Nothing new to report, I've got some good plans in place for the frame, but I've been beat from work, so it's hard to get much done.

So, I'm at a bit of an impasse. I have both Weldwood and hot glue as adhesives, but for making this DMR, neither are really feasible or efficient for gluing the two halves together. What would be good to cover a relatively large surface area(such as the main body of a rifle)? I've got the frame decided on, but I want to get the two halves glued before cutting out the space for the frame so it matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back