Colorado SNOW OR SHINE photoshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDBDesigns

Member DIN
S894
Hey my mountain Folks! I'm hoping to organize a little group meetup/photo shoot for us all sometime either in late October or Earlier November (weather permitting of course ((and of course we will iron out details as we get closer))

Where?: Being that I've spoken with mostly Colorado mountain fam, I'm thinking Denver area, exact location yet to be determined Considering Forsberg Iron Springs Park off alameda and hwy470 since it has a great mountain background. the lookout over the park is specifically 14800 W Alameda Pkwy

When?: UPDATE: We will be aiming for Saturday, March 6th. This should be early enough everyone can plan ahead and get that time off. This is a SOLID date now and ill be holding myself to it lol TIME WILL BE 2pm (mst of course)

Why?: Just to get some great pictures in our armors, and to have an unofficial meet and greet for the Colorado folks, or whoever is wanting to make it out!

What?: What to bring? Bring yourself! If you have a full armor set bring it! Don't have a full suit yet? That's okay! come hang with us and get to know your fellow members!

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, I'm always available here or on the Discord!

COVID CONCERNS: Of course we encourage to follow all CDC regulations and recommendations, Masks will be required 6ft distance encouraged. If you are concerned about your health and are worried about meeting up then please don't put yourself at risk. This is for fun, but our main priority is your safety!!!

Hope to see some of you out there, if you have any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to shoot me a pm here or on the discord, Thanks!

Last edited:
This is Great idea! I don't know the possibility of traveling much, I have a little one and responsibility now, but I'd love to make it if it's something I can justify. Keep me updated with what works for everyone.

This is Great idea! I don't know the possibility of traveling much, I have a little one and responsibility now, but I'd love to make it if it's something I can justify. Keep me updated with what works for everyone.

I'll be sure to post both here and the Discord as things get closer, The more the merrier on this!

Dang, just recently moved to Aurora, joined this group, and saw this today. Hope that we can do something like this soon. I haven’t finished building my armor yet, but still would like to get to know the local community. Looking forward to meeting y’all xD

Dang, just recently moved to Aurora, joined this group, and saw this today. Hope that we can do something like this soon. I haven’t finished building my armor yet, but still would like to get to know the local community. Looking forward to meeting y’all xD
I 100% am still planning on getting the Colorado Mountain Reg folks together, but being that we are in a code red right now and all that fun jazz that comes along with it, scheduling an effective date for us is hard. We would definitely love to have any new faces come join us, and when things get better I will get more proactive and nail a date down for us all!

THIS IS NOT DEAD AND I PROMISE TO GET A PHOTOSHOOT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. I'd like to hear from you guys though. I know with La-Rona still being a thing some folks may not be up for a meetup and I want everyone to be safe and healthy. BUT would my Colorado folks want to try and schedule something for February? Maybe we can set a date and whether theres snow or not, we meet and get some group photos? Let me know what you guys think and how we can try to get to meet eachother for pics in a safe and healthy way! Masks of course required, helmets and armor recommended but not a must (Unless you wanna get pics in your full armor, then yeah, you should bring it)

This date is upcoming! Super excited to get pictures! Please everyone remember to wear a mask even under your helmet and double mask if you can! See y'all there!

I’m going to be entirely honest. I’m not happy with what I’ve done and wish I had eyeballed everything better as it was coming along. I did my fitment last night. My shoulders are wrong and are too small, the belt isn’t staying up where it needs to be, and my boot covers are far too big. Bicep armor is also too thick and too high up the arm. Ugh...thought I was almost done. Can’t believe I painted this and just now seeing all of this..Can you tell that I’m a noob at this yet? Lol
A1490E76-BCD7-4635-B2BB-44E00C842E3D.png

The only thing that looks remotely okay to me is a profile view up close of the face area lol
3E3030CA-BCCB-4528-B935-C9D438C0A617.png

I’m going to be entirely honest. I’m not happy with what I’ve done and wish I had eyeballed everything better as it was coming along. I did my fitment last night. My shoulders are wrong and are too small, the belt isn’t staying up where it needs to be, and my boot covers are far too big. Bicep armor is also too thick and too high up the arm. Ugh...thought I was almost done. Can’t believe I painted this and just now seeing all of this. Can you tell that I’m a noob at this yet? Lol
Better than my ODST!

Don't worry about being perfect to a T, My first spartan is by no means perfect, and neither will my second spartan. The primary purpose that I find when building my armor, is to give me something fun to do that I can look forward to working on every weekend, finding new challenges or techniques to try out. Sure in a sense we all wanna get that perfect armor, but at the end of the day, you have a pretty bad*ss Set of armor not many other people have AND you made it all with your own hands and skills.

Don't throw yourself down because you haven't made it into the top tier costume levels. Keep your chin up because you're taking the time to do something you enjoy and make something not many other people are willing to make for themselves.

I'm excited to see you and your awesome armor at the photoshoot!

Also, everyone be sure to bring some water!!!!!!!

It may be cool outside, and we may not be in sweltering heat, but if you plan on wearing your full suit be sure to please bring water!!!
YOU WILL GET HOT IN ARMOR so hydrate or die-drate, and we really don't want the latter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back