Combat Evolved Grunt Puppet Cosplay

Heh, well, big and small update:

Bad news is, I couldn't bring Grunther to the Gold Coast Supanova convention. I tried to er... wear the puppet on the Monday before, and even with all the adjustments I made, well, let's just say Tchaikovsky wrote a musical describing what it was like to wear. Add on top of that, the stress trying to organise logistics with storage, transport and walking with it inside, it was just too much. And as sad as it was to not be able to bring him, it was also very relieving. So I ended up doing a bit of repainting on my Fallout New Vegas NCR Ranger - here's one of me with a spartan (whose name alas I didn't grab).
IMG20230415120118.jpg

(And here's something for the old folks; an addition I made to replace the book this time around)
IMG20230414194901.jpg

The good news is, I have no plans on letting Grunther sitting in the "Box of Shame" - I'm dang proud of my work on him and want to show it off. So I've been rearranging my room, with the main intention of putting him on display. I'll be buying some PVC pipe tomorrow to make a base for him to sit from. Luckily, since he has a PVC connection running from his spine, the hardest work is already done; I just have to make sure I position the stand with the center of mass in mind.

Mate I (and everyone else) were so impressed with your Grunt. Glad I could witness the finished product in person.
I love it. looks so good already.

Would to hug it, squeeze it and call it george
Dude it is all about comfort for sure. I just can't get over this puppet, just wow every time I see it. Great job

I'm way late, but thanks guys!

since he has a PVC connection running from his spine, the hardest work is already done;
So that was a lie...

Turns out making the stand was MUCH more complicated than I thought, and required numerous mockup iterations, trips to Bunnings, and times curling into the fetal position and softly sobbing. But in the end it's fianlly don - nope, it's just good enough.

DSC09200.jpg

DSC09202.jpg

DSC09203.jpg

There's a few connections that are held in place with lynch pins so if I wanted, I could take the stand apart for transport (and also to secure and remove the grunt from the stand). I also had to print a few parts because I couldn't find what I needed anywhere.

I've also entered Grunther in a competition for the Stan Winston School of Character Arts, so we'll see how that goes ;)

EveryDayWeStrayFurtherFromGod.jpg

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back