Foam Combat Evolved Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoamAndFoundry

I recently made a Combat Evolved marine and did a mini photoshoot at a convention parking garage, and I think it's my favorite build yet!
It's still missing the two thinner thigh pieces, helmet eyepiece, and gray fatigues but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I decided to go with a "JENKINS" tag on the helmet for a bit more recognizability; I might stick an Infection Form on my back or something down the line just for kicks. I also plan on printing a CE sniper rifle to go with it eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    510.8 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    432.7 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    485.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1907.JPG
    703.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
Actually, I have to ask; how did you paint that armour? What techniques did you use?
One coat of Plasti-dip, one coat of brown spray paint (I forget the brand and specific color but I'll add it here next time I get to Walmart to check), and then weathering with a bristle brush and gray acrylic paint - specifically, take the brush, dip it in the paint, wipe all the paint off on a scrap piece, and dip the tips of the bristles in the thin spread that just wiped off so that there's not too much on the brush and it doesn't glob up.

I normally do two coats of Plasti-dip but for this I only did one due to time constraints, and that led to a subtly mottled look which in my opinion replicates the texture of the in-game armor pretty well, so it actually worked out better. I also skipped a clear coat for the sake of time, and the finish still turned out alright; I'm not sure how it would look with a clear coat on it.

One coat of Plasti-dip, one coat of brown spray paint (I forget the brand and specific color but I'll add it here next time I get to Walmart to check), and then weathering with a bristle brush and gray acrylic paint - specifically, take the brush, dip it in the paint, wipe all the paint off on a scrap piece, and dip the tips of the bristles in the thin spread that just wiped off so that there's not too much on the brush and it doesn't glob up.

I normally do two coats of Plasti-dip but for this I only did one due to time constraints, and that led to a subtly mottled look which in my opinion replicates the texture of the in-game armor pretty well, so it actually worked out better. I also skipped a clear coat for the sake of time, and the finish still turned out alright; I'm not sure how it would look with a clear coat on it.
Ok so I finally got around to Walmart to check the paint color, it's either Rustoleum Brown Flat Protective Enamel, or Rustoleum Dark Brown Satin Protective Enamel, in case anyone is still wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back