Comic-Con 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 0 luck with the sdcc ticketing site. iv tried 4 times only getting denied 4 times. I couldnt get a single ticket again, and feel like my blood is past its boiling point. Do to the fact I cant get a pass, Im going to have to be crossed off the list of members going to be there. (Stupid Comic Con Site) :(

Same here- the 1-day passes are still on sale from the looks of it, but I'm not sure if I can get a set of them

I hope everyone got their tickets for all 4 days or at least one day. I heard that trying to get tickets was a pain. So glad I already have my ticket and my hubby's ticket already and i'm glad i don't go through the process. But whoever is attending the key thing to remember is that when you pick up your badge at con just go straight to the line for pre-reg for next year so it will be much easier and stress free.

I would LOVE to go but flying with my armour is a big problem for me. I hate Canada lol
I'll consider going next year since I have a job and I'll be done highschool.

"Pain" is am understatement. Nightmare is more like it. I hope that I never have to go through that poor excuse of an on sale attempt again. I've been wanting to go for years and never had the opportunity or money to do it until now, and lucky me I fall short because of the idiots in charge of the onsale.

Soo.... tickets went on sale yesterday. I was on for 2 hours clicking relentlessly trying to buy tickets for me and my sister. I never succeeded. Anybody else have rotten luck?

Soo.... tickets went on sale yesterday. I was on for 2 hours clicking relentlessly trying to buy tickets for me and my sister. I never succeeded. Anybody else have rotten luck?

Yeah you and I both. I've been on the 4 times they went onsale with no luck. I was on yesterday from 12:00 - 2:30 continously clicking like you were. I wanted4 day passes for my cousin and I, and really wouldn't consider single day passes since we'd have to fly across the entire country.

Who knows maybe ill get lucky and find passes on ebay or craigslist before the con.

The best thing to do is keeping checking comic con's website if they have any of the badges that are refunded they will go on sale. Also no there is no way to pre-order con tickets unless you are at the con. Next to picking up badges for comic con they have the registration for next year. Another thing is be very careful on checking ebay or craigslist for the badges because only the person with the name on the badge can pick it up but after that it doesn't matter who wears it.

Also a good way to go is volunteering but I don't know if the registration for volunteering is full. What you do is you volunteer for that day and you will have a badge to get in, but I think you have to volunteer all 4 days to go all 4 days. I have been attending comic con for 10 years now and it has gotten worse over the years for registration. There was a point when you could buy your tickets at the door.

Hope this information helps and if you have any other questions just let me know

@Ownnemesis
You can buy 1-day passes for all 4 days; That's what I did for last year's con. It's a pain to register for all 4 days but at least you'd get them

@Ownnemesis
You can buy 1-day passes for all 4 days; That's what I did for last year's con. It's a pain to register for all 4 days but at least you'd get them

Really? I thought it was completely sold out. If your right about that my cousin and I owe ya a spartan sized steak dinner at the con

I was thinking of checking out the new york comic con this october since i couldn't get the the San Diego con. Anyone have any input on the NY con? I don't know that much about it.

"Pain" is am understatement. Nightmare is more like it. I hope that I never have to go through that poor excuse of an on sale attempt again. I've been wanting to go for years and never had the opportunity or money to do it until now, and lucky me I fall short because of the idiots in charge of the onsale.

I think it's pretty poor of you to speak ill of comic-con or their site without considering the facts first.
They are a Non-Profit organization.
When 2 million people want 100,000 tickets.. theres going to be a lot of people not getting tickets.
How is a Non-profit 130,000 max pop convention going to be able to deal with that much traffic?

if you want to blame someone, then it's the hundreds of thousands of people who wanted tickets, just like you.

I was thinking of checking out the new york comic con this october since i couldn't get the the San Diego con. Anyone have any input on the NY con? I don't know that much about it.

Its not as good as SDCC, and often people think it's the same group who run it, NY just stole the name, and SDCC get a lot of emails and calls complaining about the NY one, when they aren't affiliated with them at all.
i've never been, but i hear a lot of the complaints.

@Kommissar
It's not exactly non-profit considering they get money from literally everyone there
And the ticket system crashed once last year if i remember correctly, and with all the added press coverage they should have foreseen the rush of people and prepared accordingly- Either way, too late now

No, it IS exactly non-profit, there is no half way with being a non-profit organization, your legally bound by it.

that said, hopefully they will be able to place more of their surplus into a stronger website next year, since this is the first time comic con tickets have sold out the first day they went on sale, EVER.
last year there were about 4 months when they had tickets still for sale.

that said, hopefully they will be able to place more of their surplus into a stronger website next year, since this is the first time comic con tickets have sold out the first day they went on sale, EVER.
last year there were about 4 months when they had tickets still for sale.

It was insane last year when I found out that 4 day with preview night sold out on Sunday afternoon but luckily as soon as I picked up my badge on Wednesday I went straight to the registration line for next year. Also the reason why its starting to sell out so fast is that is getting more popular each year. Last year besides having elite security they had hired another company to help which was so funny when it came to the masquerade with them being in ballroom 20 where the whole thing took place. But to me I love comic con been going for 10 years but I hate to say that its become more hollywood I wish they would go back to how things were but it won't as each year passes it will get bigger and bigger. Plus San Diego passed the plans to expand the convention center which gave comic con 5 more years to stay here. Btw with the news of it might moving was one thing that had us veterans on our toes. Comic con started in the basement of Golden Hall and now its in the convention center and it gets bigger and bigger each year.

But again for those who didn't get tickets keep an eye on their website or if you have facebook join their page and they will release information about tickets they might be selling since last time they had tickets from people who bought them and later cancelled and got their refund for them. Also if you buy from craigslist make sure they have the badge in hand since when picking up badges they do check id to see if thats the same person afterwards they don't check. I have know a few people who switch off badges to their friends and when you go in they just check to see if you are there for the correct date and theres a name and stuff on it. That's what I'm doing with my hubby my mom has 4 day badge and he's using it. But for the ones who got their badges see you there and the ones that didn't I'm sorry that it was frustrating and painful trying to get the tickets.

there were multiple security companies at 2010 because if you have only one company you get some good employees and some bad.
outsource to a few different companies, and you get the quality staff of each security company.

Also, don't buy from scalpers.. report them to comic con, and ask if you can buy their ticket instead once it gets taken away from the scalpers.

I'm going to comic con but I didnt get a ticket in time I'm going as Carter a friend of mine is going as Jorge I'll be rocking a DMR and Assault rifle my Jorge buddy will have an Assault rifle and the big machine gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back