Foam Completed Desert ODST Ghillie Suit call sign (Specter 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlusherCape26

I'd like to state before going into this post that I really dont have any allegiance or affiliation with the 405th anymore. After the Art-tatorship way back when I left and joined Anvil Station with most of my friends in the Pacific Regiment. With that said this is a Anvil Station build not a 405th build. Now into the costume.

So what you're about to see is my first full halo cosplay, prior to this the most I made was a Halo Wars style "marine" (actually an Airman because that's what I am) with just a chest plate and one shoulder. I'll include a picture so you can see for yourself. I've always been a huge fan of ODST's and it's been one that I've always wanted to make, but I wanted to do something that's never been done before to this degree for Outpost discovery. This was roughly a 2 month process and took up basically all of my free time and cost me more then I'll ever say to my wife. But she doesn't come on this site so I nothing to worry about so here's the rough material cost. About 6 cars of Leak Seal (about $10 a can), 4 to 5 cans of Krylon Ultra Flat Khaki camo spray paint $6 each, 4 cans of filler primer $5 each, 1 can of green spray paint $5, 1 can of black spray paint $5, 1 can of brown spray paint $5, around $12 of acrylic paints, about $30 of nylon strap, probably $50 worth of clips, $20 of hot glue sounds about right, about $30 of eva foam, $20 of sandpaper, $20 bucks of 3D filament, one $100 Xcoser ODST helmet and a $100 Arcturus Ghillie suit. Which brings us to a total rough cost of $507 roughly... luckily I did a favor for a friend and got him a legit Navy Officer dress white uniform so he covered $200 worth of the costume and the helmet I bought a year before I even started making the costume, so in reality is spent $207 ish on the whole thing. So heres the results.
20190831_195044.jpg
20190831_194521.jpg
Resized_20191012_190943.jpeg
Discovery19_20190831-DSC_0584.jpg
20190831_194802.jpg

KEVIN F*****G SMITH!!!! (LA Comic con 2019)
IMG_20191013_181338_412.jpg

My picture with an Elite at Prom 2552
20190831_173853.jpg

Me feeling like a Model
Discovery19_M_20190831-20190831_172707.jpg
IMG_20190908_003558_248.jpg

And finally my wife and I
outpost 2.jpg

The build photos I have I'll put below in a new comment. If you have any questions feel free to ask because I'd love to see more Ghillie ODST's pop up and join fireteam Specter

Thats a nice looking trooper! pretty unique with the ghilie variant :).

I can't say I thought of the 405th being the one you built for. More so a place for halo cosplayers to share their builds and techniques with eachother(I understand there is deployments but I thought that was just a little perk of getting the costume done). I can't say i've looked into any of the politics, but I've only been active close to a year.

I can't say I thought of the 405th being the one you built for. More so a place for halo cosplayers to share their builds and techniques with eachother(I understand there is deployments but I thought that was just a little perk of getting the costume done). I can't say i've looked into any of the politics, but I've only been active close to a year.

I'm just here to look at Halo photos and annoy others.

What I mean by that is I'm not going to be representing or promoting the 405th when I'm wearing this costume, I did make it for myself though. It's not because of anything political either it's just morally based, because of how people and Regiments were treated after the 405th changed owners. All of this happened back in 2015/2016 ish so most people are unaware

I said 'potential'.......didn't say that your in the squad............You haven't annoyed enough people yet.....nor been spoke to by Fangs for excessive thread derailment .....those are like prerequisites. Then we can talk.
Understood, I'm still excited about the potential. It's better than saying "no, we don't like you. Don't even try" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back