(slowly upgrading) Noble Six by MDBDesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some final Shots of my completed Noble Six armor. I'm sure in the future I'll work on the undersuit, an ab wrap, and many other smaller details, but for now I'm very happy with it. I'll be starting another suit soon for my girlfriend so we can do some cosplays together. I look forward to continuing to grow and get better, and I can't thank the community enough for helping me with this build. I'll be sure to make another thread for the next suit and look forward to everything with this amazing community and friends I've made.
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG

Heres a mini update, I've got the parts printed for my Gungnir helmet. I've separated the "visor" since I knew I was going to be working a lot on it, either with trying to setup a camera inside, or something, I've got a few ideas and have been trying to poke around to see what other gungnir owners have done with their own helmets. I'll start doing some sanding and bondo work before I do the next update, and I'll try to have the solution to the vision problem solved by then. See you then

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 158
Been slowly working on this helmet, it was basically supposed to be a birthday present to myself, and I'm enjoying working on it! The file I made didnt have some of the details (I actually forgot them) so I cut some foam pieces and added them to create the missing panels along the side of the front "visor" (I know it's not a visor, I'm just calling it that since i have it separated from the body of the helmet) Once I do a bit more sanding and priming, I'll probably start working on how I'll see.
I'm planning on a couple different routes.
1) I can use an old phone as a screen on the inside, and just drill out the eye hole to actually see

2) I had spoken with someone on the discord and they showed me this video in which a couple of guys hooked up a camera and a google lense like hud to the inside ofthe iron man helmet, this looks amazing and would be so cool to do, but I'm unsure if my skills are up to par for it yet

3) Since I have the "visor" separated from the body, I could do the other iron man route where the whole face shield lifts out and over the helmet, then when needed I could lower the face shield back down, this would be cool and I think I could do it with my limited soldering and circuitry experiences

4) just have that little hole to look out of and hope I don't run people over while wearing the helmet (not really the route I plan on taking)

5) go pro that shizz, I've had a lot of people tell me to use a go pro type mount, and I've also had someone tell me to use a VR headset which, while it would be cool, would be very pricey for me to do. My girlfriends dad does do a lot of work with drone photography and videography so I might see if he has spare parts or knows of some places where I can buy a wrecked out drone. Could potentially work something out like that

again, this is all up in the air right now, I need to get this helmet cleaned up first, bondo the exterior, primer, sand up to 400-800 grit and prep it for casting (thinking of making a mold of this one)

Attachments

• 426A5889-B0AA-49A7-BD2C-E74DB8CC2D5D.jpg
    426A5889-B0AA-49A7-BD2C-E74DB8CC2D5D.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back