Computer Problems and Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Prime

Okay so earlier today I recieved the Black Screen of Death and it kind of reminded me of the Blue screen of death I got a while back due to faulty equiptment, and I luckaly found a fix but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they had any fixes other than just update your OS.
I was also kind of thinking since they both are common problems what have you gotten befor and how did you fix them. This also means ANY kind of PC problems that you may of had and how you fixed them.

(Any other thing I posted before on this thread is retracted and revoked)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather have my computer run without any problems at all.

I don't get the point of the thread, you want to know which error message people prefer?!

I would rather have my computer run without any problems at all.

I don't get the point of the thread, you want to know which error message people prefer?!

I agree. What does this thread have to do with 405th? or armor making?

I agree. What does this thread have to do with 405th? or armor making?
Well, this technically is the General Discussion forum, so you can technically talk about anything that you want, but I agree with these two fellas. I miss your point in this. Could you elaborate any further?

Well, this technically is the General Discussion forum, so you can technically talk about anything that you want, but I agree with these two fellas. I miss your point in this. Could you elaborate any further?
Basicly it is like what kind of Computer problems have you had and how did you fix them

from what i understand its less of a troubleshooting thread and more a trouble"shot" thread. We can learn from each other by explaining what problem we had and how we fixed it so if anybody else experiences the same problem they"ll have a clue as to what to do.

Recovery disc anyone? That's what I used when my computer got a blue screen. It's basically a time machine that resets your computer to a time it wasn't completely useless. Sure you'll lose a few files, but you'll get your computer back.

I back up any valuable files/documents every month or so, and run Avast! antivirus, and Malwarebytes for when I know something's wrong and Avast doesn't catch it. I've had a few hardware failures over the years with my computers, but they were always preceded by a warning (couple crashes, driver fails) and I just backed up my stuff so when it did crash, no big loss.

A thread like this is so general, I don't see it being more useful to someone than just googling the issue they're having =/

When my machine bluescreens, I just cycle power a couple times, and it runs smoothly. The Blue Screen of Death, in my experience is more the Blue Screen of Headache. It doesn't mean your computer's dead. It means it's run into a headache and doesn't want to work right now. So you slap it across the power supply and tell it to get back to its game.

I've been running for 2 years with no antivirus, Windows Vista, and only 1 gigabyte of RAM. (Just upgraded to 2) I've had this PC for 4 years. My best advice: don't freak out about errors. Half the time, I don't even shut down Windows. Modern operating software is much more stable than old software. Not to mention data writing is much faster and less prone to failure. A single corrupt file no longer bricks your hard disk.

If you keep getting the same error over and over, google it. Find the cause of the issue and fix it.

Use Task Manager's Processes tab, not its Applications tab. It lets you rifle through all of the process threads running through your OS, into the CPU, so you can close applications that don't show up normally. For example, Windows Media Player Network Manager (wmpntwk.exe) consumes anywhere from 1.5k-9k of memory, is useless most of the time, and runs some of your processing power out. It won't show up in Applications, but it's a process. It also lets you skip the "Not Responding, Trying to Close..." wait. It cuts the process, regardless of anything.

Actually, this can be a fun way to simulate Bluescreen errors. Service Hosts and System are all listed in Processes. Close a svchost thread or System and your machine will show a blue screen and reboot.

I think it would be easier to list all of the computer problems that I HAVEN'T fixed.....I've seen and fixed more computers than I can count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back