Computer Wont Play Cd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried putting some CD's on my computer, but it wont read them. It reads DVD's just fine. Anybody have a clue what I can do to fix this? o_O

well, at least you don't have my problem where I put a disk in and it BSODs. however the fastest solution is a new cd/dvd drive.

Tater Mane said:
Are you sure your CDs aren't cookies, pancakes, tortillas, or anything of that nature?

I think your drive might be on it's way out. But given the crazy low prices for new dvd burners, what's the harm in trying a new one?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tater Mane said:
Are you sure your CDs aren't cookies, pancakes, tortillas, or anything of that nature?

Idk, I had some chocolate chips earlier, very good :3.

I hope I don't have to replace it, Ive had this scene August I think. Its still new lol

Last edited by a moderator:
check the driver that came with the cd drive if you put it together (the installation disk), mine wouldnt recognize as a drive, and i had to recover my computer, albeit there were other things wrong with it lol

You may have one with two lasers, one for cds and one for dvds... might be, that the laser for cds has packed up. just get a new drive, they're dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back