Congrats another newbie has enter the ranks! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus42

So I joined finally. Achievement unlocked. Woohoo! Now I'm on a bit of a mission. What's that you say? Well I'm just gonna lay it down. I have an ODST prototype that's super awesome. I'm looking to improve it. You see I have a bit of a problem, I'm sure many of you have had the same problem and I look forward to some pointers from who ever will take the time to read this, the thing is that I find that the files I want to do are much more angular than I could ever be. In fact I am the opposite, mostly made of curves which is a problem when it comes to flat torso and hip pieces. Mind you, I'm using really thick foam for this ODST. I'm excited to see whats in store on this website. Let the exploring, and learning, being!

Well, I don't have the same problems as you do but I think I might have a suggestion for you that could work for you.

First I would like to welcome you to the party.

Now what I've found is that a duct tape "outline" of your body helps with these things. If you've ever made a duct tape mannequin you know what I'm getting at. It's one of the best ways, I've found, to get a close analog of your body's shape/form. I like the pallet wrap/duct tape method for this process. The pallet wrap, which is just a bigger version of plastic wrap, conforms to your body better than old clothes do and you get a better form.
I your case you would probably want to do something like making a duct tape corset to get a good form for those "problem" areas.
(Side note: ask any guy here and he'll tell you those areas are not problems)
From there you can take the current plans you're using for your armor and modify them to fit your form or used at a template.

Here is something I've found that might help you. Of course with a single Google search you'll find tons of other resources.

http://www.keabtium.com/the-best-duct-tape-dummy-tutorial/

Good luck and hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back