Construx Recon Helmet **now With Added Pictures!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruntOfAction

My first steps into creating a wearable helmet are complete!

ReconHelmetWIP.jpg

And here is what I have so far..

ReconHelmetWIP1.jpg

Critique is accepted and perfered..I am going to try and get this done tonight!

EDIT: It is done!

ReconHelmetFinished4.jpg

ReconHelmetFinished3.jpg

ReconHelmetFinished1.jpg

ReconHelmetFinished2.jpg

Well, about as done as I intended it to be..

I'm sorry, but you should seriously just make it with pep, it would be so much easier, allow more detail, and just overall better.

spiz430 said:
uh?? whats are you making that out of?? legos? why not pep?

Because I want a challenge, not a pre rendered paper mache thing I print out..

And Construx are like legos..but more of a challenge to build with, since they are mostly for making Cubes and stuff.

I have more of it done now, and it's starting to look like the helmet..

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? Ok dude make it work. I really do think that pep would be a simpler way to accomplish this task, but if you want a challenge, go right ahead.

Well, for the most part it is done..

ReconHelmetFinished4.jpg

ReconHelmetFinished3.jpg

ReconHelmetFinished1.jpg

ReconHelmetFinished2.jpg

Can't really do much more to it. I think it turned out great considering I was losing hope it would even look like it, but when your limited to use of a certain item, you tend to make changes and they end up working out great..

Somehow I doubt this would be worth posting about in the main Bungie forums..but I'll give it a shot tomorrow when most people are probably on..

You should have contacted a mod to unlock your other thread about this instead of starting a new one for the same thing. Shame on you.

tlither said:
You should have contacted a mod to unlock your other thread about this instead of starting a new one for the same thing. Shame on you.

Excuse me? Usually when a Mod locks something it's not going to be unlocked just because I have some pictures.

If he did unlock the old thread I would delete the post anyway.

So go spew your "Shame on you." to somebody else.

Actually, we would have unlocked it for you, and right now I don't feel like merging anything so it'll have to wait.

Soooo....shame on you...:D

23Magnum said:
Actually, we would have unlocked it for you, and right now I don't feel like merging anything so it'll have to wait.

Soooo....shame on you...:D

Well last time I asked a mod for anything I got suspended for asking...

Highly doubt that...unless you didn't ask nicely. Either way, your warnings show no record of a suspension and in order for anyone to do so they would need to alter your warning level.

Well I posted it at the bungie forums, and after some of them telling me that the notch on top wasn't supost to be there, I updated the helmet and removed the thing.

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg147/G...lmetUpdated.jpg

EDIT: Apparently I cannot post this link with IMG tages because "Dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed."

Now..If I could only figure out how to get it to fit on my huge ass head.

EDIT2: I posted this over at Bungie..

[url="http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=26744637"]http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=26744637[/url]

It only got around 55 replys..but hey, it's a flaming topic..

spiz430 said:
k?... sooooo how is it going to fit your head?
It's not going to, because it's already in a bunch of diffrent pieces. Ready to be made into my next project: An EOD helmet.

im sorry normally i would be one of those good job guys but if you don't make it to fit your head whats the point in making it. I also want to say that thing need some more detail. as soon as i get my MK VI armor done and my Marine armor done i plan on doing the data crystal chip in legos.

Air_Force_Spartans said:
im sorry normally i would be one of those good job guys but if you don't make it to fit your head whats the point in making it. I also want to say that thing need some more detail. as soon as i get my MK VI armor done and my Marine armor done i plan on doing the data crystal chip in legos.

As I have said many times on other forums, It doesn't have to fit me to be classified as a helmet. The Legendary helmet that came with Halo 3 is considered a Helmet, and it doesn't fit anybody's head.

Also, let's see you make a helmet with as much detail without modifying the items your using. And do it using Construx. I'd love to see you prove me wrong on the level of detail possible.

GruntOfAction said:
As I have said many times on other forums, It doesn't have to fit me to be classified as a helmet. The Legendary helmet that came with Halo 3 is considered a Helmet, and it doesn't fit anybody's head.

Yes the legendary helmet does fit some people. Someone around here was modifying there and it's been on Youtube as well.

For just using the materials you had with no modification, you did ok. Wouldn't that time have been better spent working on armor that you could actually wear though? Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back