Convertion Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiroMaster312

Hello everyone, I found two halo files in different formats and I want your help to turn it into PDO for Pepakura; The files are the helmet of Halo Infinite Master Chief and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Master Chief full armor set, I hope someone can help and thanks.

Attachments

• Master Chief Help Infinite.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 165
  • Master Chief Help Anniversary.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 158
Well good news and bad news.

Bad News: That Halo Master Chief Infinite is close to a 3D printable file (a lot of errors on it), has inside and outside walls, and is really high definition. It will not translate to a PDO file nicely (picture 300 bends per every square inch or 847,343 bends total).
Untitled.jpg

It would be better spending the time recreating a pdo using a basic halo 3 helmet and adjusting for the detail changes using your model as a reference. Otherwise, it would be too time consuming.

Good News: Halo Master Chief Anniversary should be a workable model but will take time to break everything out into separate pieces. It is still pretty high definition for pepakura so it will be a lot of work once you start pepping it - about 8,618 bends.

I can help with the second model but not the first.

The Question becomes, are you able to adjust parts and move them around in pepakura? I can make the pep files but the amount of adjustments in Pepakura would double my time. If you can pick up that load you'll have your model in no time.

Let me know.

Th
Well good news and bad news.

Bad News: That Halo Master Chief Infinite is close to a 3D printable file (a lot of errors on it), has inside and outside walls, and is really high definition. It will not translate to a PDO file nicely (picture 300 bends per every square inch or 847,343 bends total). View attachment 281787

It would be better spending the time recreating a pdo using a basic halo 3 helmet and adjusting for the detail changes using your model as a reference. Otherwise, it would be too time consuming.

Good News: Halo Master Chief Anniversary should be a workable model but will take time to break everything out into separate pieces. It is still pretty high definition for pepakura so it will be a lot of work once you start pepping it - about 8,618 bends.

I can help with the second model but not the first.

The Question becomes, are you able to adjust parts and move them around in pepakura? I can make the pep files but the amount of adjustments in Pepakura would double my time. If you can pick up that load you'll have your model in no time.

Let me know.
Thanks for the info, if you could help with whatever you can is enough for me, to then share the files with everyone

Of course, thanks
See attached. These files still need work with cutting up the unfolded pieces on the side and re-positioning the cuts so that they fit better on one the printed pages. The armor is set to fit a 5'10" person and a person with about a 24" head. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary PDO Files.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back