Cortana Costume by Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenge

**Completed costume on page 3**

Since I am currently making a Master Chief costume for my husband to wear to the Halo 4 midnight release, I decided I couldn't let him have all the fun of dressing up.

So I decided to make a Cortana costume for myself.

I tried to make a Cortana costume once before, but it ended badly. I was really excited when I saw Hyokenseisou's costume and decided I would give it another try.

I'm basing the costume on Cortana's new look in Halo 4 (but seeing as there aren't a ton of pictures of her just yet, I have to improvise a little bit). I did some shopping around and found a unitard in the right shade of blue.

Cortana-Costume-1.jpg

Next I bought about 15 different bottles of fabric paint before finding the right combination for the look I wanted.

Cortana-Costume-2.jpg

I started taping up and painting the front of the costume last week.

Costana-Costume-4.jpg

Cortana-Costume-6.jpg

More taping and painting.

Cortana-Costume-7.jpg

Here's what it looks like so far. I'm not quite done with the front yet. I still have to paint a few more sections, and add some final details.

Cortana-Costume-8.jpg

Looking good so far, and from what I've heard, you might want to paint parts of the unitard whilst wearing it... I've heard it helps with the stretching

@Psquiddy: Thanks, I had read that tip as well. But I'm a bit of a clutz, so I was afraid that I would ruin the costume doing it that way. A manikin would have probably made it easier, but I couldn't afford one of those. I'm hoping that the chest was the hardest part, and that everything else will be smooth sailing from here...*crosses fingers*

@ACDCrockr209: Thank you! It look's a lot better when I have it on. I'll post more pics soon.

aewsome job. my gf thought about making a cortana outfit but the purple version from halo 1. which hair style are you going to go with?

@onmi shift: I'm going to buy a wig to match her hair in Halo 4. I found one that I'm thinking of trying. But I'm not sure if the color is right. http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Blue+Wig+(Short,Spike,SPKaito)

@Psquiddy: lol thanks. Thats part of the reason i went through 15 bottles of paint looking for the right one, some of them left a lot of streach marks. This paint shows a little, but you have to get really close to see it.

If you need some screens of Cortana, Let me know. I have a 3D model of her fully textured.

Let me know which areas you'll need and I'll get them to you ASAP. :)

If you need some screens of Cortana, Let me know. I have a 3D model of her fully textured.

Let me know which areas you'll need and I'll get them to you ASAP. :)

Oh really? That would be fantastic! I am having the hardest time finding pictures of anything below her belly button.

i kinda like her hair from the first game, but then again im biased. i like my girls with short hair, lol.are you going to wear colored contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back