Cortana [H4/5 Build + Project extras]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some (many) photos on facebook and I was always amazed how amazing your Cortana turned out!
It may not be complete, but it looks so damn amazing!

For unfinished I'd say it turned out spectacular! I haven't had a whole lot of time to touch mine but I am definitely ready to start on it in coming days.

After so many months of silence, I wanted to thank everyone who has commented, followed, and supported this unfinished project.

I haven't given up on Cortana's most recent look yet, however, due to medical reasons from last year, I won't be able to wear the Halo 5 version for a little while longer. For now, that project has been put aside and I will be attending this year's conventions as the Halo 4 version. :p

The bodysuit was purchased online with custom backing as the default zipper option was quite difficult to get into. (I'll upload close-ups of both suits later this coming weekend with finer details.) The suit is made of spandex and polyester. The material itself is sturdy and breathable, which is a must for summer weather. :cool:
My next short goal will be to potentially create the Activation Index from Halo 3. I have leftover transpART worbla, so I might get crafty with a holographic look for it.
H4 Cortana.png

I ended up finding a good deal on a dress form the other week, so my next step will be to properly mold the H5 version once the underside is reinforced. (There was travel damage after DragonCon last year. Completely my fault....and I'm in love with the new emotes on the site. They're adorable! :lol: )

I may add progress photos of non-Halo projects here as well, if permitted. So expect the occasional photo spam across multiple games. (Hint hint: badass Queen who was born in the Light and Dark.)

Any artsy photos added in this thread will also be posted to my Instagram.
BTmuI1zjy0L

Figured I'll post these here now while I have a moment...

First picture shows one side of my face as I was experimenting with contouring. The whole process took roughly 2.5hrs from start to finish. (A huge improvement from my 30min speed run last year in Atlanta.) :p

This was the second time that I've attempted face paint.

Products used:
Mehron Paradise AQ - white & brilliant blue
-Blue tri-eyeshadow palette
-Lipstick: Nyx Wicked in colour 'Sinful'
-Ben Nye Final Seal spray
+ various other cosmetics

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Before applying any paint, I'll always start with a clean canvas by making sure my face is clean. Based off last year, I steered clear from using anything oil-based for moisturizers, etc...next, I used a combination of two primers so my skin wouldn't react or burn to the makeup being applied. i found that the barrier spray prolongs the makeup for a good 6 hours in summer heat. A light mist is all that's needed at the end.

(Using eyeshadow for colour worked, but I found that after a good 8-10 hours, the detailing began to fade and required touch ups.)

To achieve the test look, I applied 2 layers of white face paint, letting each layer dry between coats. The brilliant blue paint was an accident. It appears to be more like a royal blue, yet metallic. Due to high pigmentation, I can't apply this directly on to my skin as I have sensitivity to such things. Hence, it's important to always read the info packets provided with the products. (There was a warning for people with sensitive skin, yet I tested it out for the purpose of trial and error).
image.jpeg

The final look wasn't bad, and I'm still learning with practice. I dislike using the blue paint because it was a wrong shipment order from last year. I placed a new order for the right shade, and hope that it arrives next week before I attend comic con.

Below follows my poor attempts to find good lighting, as it was well into the evening when I was able to put everything together for a test fit. (The first photo was filtered, and had been uploaded to social media for fun.)
The second picture was slightly altered to remove the yellowish tinge from artificial lighting. It was the closest I could get to photographing the face paint.

The wig is about 3" shorter than when I had last worn it last year, yet still needs to be trimmed some more. I'm taking it slow so I don't accidentally cut too short.
Sadly, no contacts. I'm on the fence about getting some....
image.jpegimage.png
Next weekend, I plan to take pictures of the step by step process for visuals, and may even record a time lapse.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back