Cortanananananaaaaaa! <build>

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonValkyrie

Hi!

I'm Kelly from Phoenix Team Build <If you don't know what I'm talking about click here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HaloPhoenixTeam>

So I bought a creepy cat suit <as they are called> and began painting with sharpie's fabric marker. Unfortunately, marker did marker things and made marker lines. So I resorted to Liquitex acrylic paint and it looks MUCH nicer. Then, I added a coat of gesso to make it shiny.

To make the data lines, I'll sew them in with purple metallic thread. Wish me luck!

Fabric marker on the right side:
100_3016.jpg

Baby got back:
100_3065.jpg

Baby got front too:
100_3028.jpg

If any of you other cortanas out there have any sweet tips, let me know k?

Yaaaaayyyyy! Cortanananananana!! <33

I think it looks great. (stop looking over my shoulder as I write this! it's awkardsss...)
At least you're taking this slow, unlike your other costumes. I think this will turn out loads better than if you rushed. ^^ I shall add a linky to this thread from the Team thread.

Yay! Another Cortana on the 405th! Wow, your suit is looking great so far, especially on the details. As for tips, the only ones I can think of mentioning is:

1. ALWAYS wear the suit when you paint, or otherwise make a duct tape dummy of yourself. That way, the designs won't be warped or misshapen when you wear it.

2. Keep lots and lots of reference photos near by. You can never have too many.

3. For your face, I HIGHLY recommend Mehron Paradise AQ cake makeup. Along with the spray on sealer that you can get from the same company, this makeup will not sweat or rub off your face until you add water.

4. Wear false lashes with your makeup, otherwise your eyes will practically disappear in all the blue from the suit and the wig.

5. As for a wig, there are alot of choices out there, mostly it just depends on your personal preference. I commissioned mine from GodSavetheQueenFashions, she even sewed in purple tinsel to look like the lines of coding. But, a straight, deep blue would work just as well. I would definitely recommend this wig, just trim it to her short hairstyle. http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs/cosworx/willow-dark-blue.html I added strands of beads to mine to give off the look of the lines of coding running through hers. I bought mine at Joanns in the jewelry section. :)

If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask!

@{Cortana
Funny story I was just about to ask you if you used tinsel, I'll definitely use it. Thanks so much for the tips!

@Adam
Thanks!

This is very nice! Very sharp painting, gives a very good illusion of depth/holographic look. You may want to trim the neckseal a bit to make it blend in better, but from what I can see, looks like a spectacular WIP!

that looks pretty good so far. i'm really excited to see some more non-spartan related costumes especially cortana!

I second this motion! O_O

Awesome work so far. Are you having any issues with the liquitex peeling and separating from the suit at all? That was my main worry while contemplating a Cortana suit...

Thanks! I will try to post more pics :)
The paint does stretch in some areas however, I've been testing a different kind of paint that will stretch with the fabric. I just need to mix the right color. I'll let you know when I do!

Pretty cool! This will be interesting to see how it turns out! The tip to wear the tape when you paint it a good one. I've made some duct tape clothes that didnt need to be tight, but if you want it to ift and contour, definitely wear it, just dont wear it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back