Cost Of Commissions From Nightmare Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, NAS is quality armor... but you could make your own for about... 1/6th of the price in materials (including shipping of bondo or fiberglass cloth if it's not available in Australia, if it's there then it'll go down a bit). Depending on your patience and how well you read the tutorials here, it'll be just as good quality, and you'll have the pride of knowing that you took the time and your own two hands and made it yourself.

However, if you just don't have the time and you have the money and feel you absolutely want to use your money on NAS's suit (those suits ARE damned good), then go for it,. It's all your choice

ILikeCats said:
Do you think this is a bit much?

No, not really.. theyre a well established business.
They can afford to charge that much.

But honestly, I don't like they're style if their first halo suit is anything to go by.
They dont have very detailed pulls ( something inherent of vacuforming ABS plastic you see in stormtroopers armor very often, The corners are always curved and never a decent edge) and they airbrush them, and their work LOOKS airbrushed.
Which is fine for some things.. but not this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaizer said:
i'd think maybe $200-300 for a full suit of armor.. but 6k..?

ur dreaming.

Maby a Helmet for $200-$300 but not a whole suit for retail.
Any Decent armor costume done on anything will be at least $800-$1500+ retail.

moofactory said:
ur dreaming.

Maby a Helmet for $200-$300 but not a whole suit for retail.
Any Decent armor costume done on anything will be at least $800-$1500+ retail.

what he said. the only suit, and I mean the ONLY suit, you will get for anything less than 1k is the Rubies suit in all it's glorifying $#!ttiness.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
what he said. the only suit, and I mean the ONLY suit, you will get for anything less than 1k is the Rubies suit in all it's glorifying $#!ttiness.

Well.. just goes to show.. you get what you pay for :p

wow, thanks guys for the quick replies, so the bottom line is that NAS's Suits are worth the price, but there are other options?

depending on how much time you can invest, yes.

basically, you're not only paying them for the materials, but for the time they work on it. with all the tips on the 405th (this site), you could probably make an armor which is nearly as good, but costs less.

but you're going to have to invest a lot of time in it, so that's the question: do you have more money or more spare time?

I've got 2 weeks of holidays.

Hehe, seriously though, I just kinda need this suit pretty soon, so yeah I guess time out weighs money at the moment, but from the amount of time you guys spent on your suits, and how they've turned out, It is tempting me to make my own.

it depends if it's AU dollars or US. second I think is too much for a suit u can find on Internet people who do armors at 200-500 US dollars.

If you don't want to invest the time and you have a lot of money, we really can't get into specifics of money, but I heard typing in halo armor over at ebay produces results ;). Keep in mind, you don't get any gratification out of just buying one instead of spending months or years building your own. It's much nicer to look back and say, wow, I built that.

Cheers,
Kensai

First off, not to sound like a like a "Negative Nancy" but is it ethical to post up NAS prices publicly like this? I really don't agree with posting up prices in this way since NAS is a privately own company and holds the rights to withhold prices publicly.

so: I didn't know NAS had another Halo suit out? I have seen any H3 armor from them. only there 1st style suit, which was awesome at the time when it came out but now there are way better suits out there.

I agree to this though: you get what you pay for BUT only when you know exactly what you are getting. think of it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back