Costume Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
As I'm sure you all know, there is a costume contest at each of the 5 HOD locations.

• Cosplay Contest – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - SATURDAY
    • Orlando - Meeting Room W304
    • Philadelphia – Meeting Room 204A-C
    • Chicago – Meeting Room 21-27
    • Houston – Meeting Room 372A-F
    • Anaheim - Meeting Room 201A-D

There will be 5 judges, 2 being from the 405th:

Orlando - link4044 and stony props jim
Philadelphia - Sean Bradley and myself
Chicago - Cadet and CoS Spartan058
Houston - Adam and crackhead09
Anaheim - WiskTangFoxt and EVAkura

ALL MEMBERS OF THE 405TH ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.

Costume Contest Information

At the bottom of that information there is a link to pre-register for the contest.

I have a meeting at some point today or tomorrow with the organizers which will be mostly for the judges and what they need to do but if I get any more information for the contest itself, I will let you know!

Last edited:
Quick question if any of you know...

Because I am 17, I, but I was wondering if you could enter into multiple categories? It looks like you can only do one category, but there is no rules saying you cant do more than one, so does that mean you can fill out more forms if you wanted? If you are under 18, you have to compete in the youth category, but is it possible to compete in the others? (Armor?)

Anyone getting an email confirmation for the contest registration? We registered but received no confirmation.

That is definitely a question for the organizers, xXDashIVXx. You'll want to message them through their website.
Just incase anyone was curious, I got a responce in one day, so fairly fast, and they were nice about it

They said no matter what, contestants are only allowed to compete in one category, so start deciding or flip a coin!

I know I wouldn't win, but is there fun in these contests on their own or is it more like: wait your turn, stand up, sit down, wait to hear results?

I know I wouldn't win, but is there fun in these contests on their own or is it more like: wait your turn, stand up, sit down, wait to hear results?
There's a lot of waiting involved so you have a lot of opportunity to talk to the other competitors about their costumes and meet new people, in Orlando they had everyone march across the stage in a line, then walk on individually, then everyone waited on stage together as they picked out the winners. Personally I really enjoy costume contests as a whole because they're a great way to make new cosplay friends. You'd also be surprised as to whether or not you'll win something so it's always worth a shot.

I say do it, and if you really dont want to, just participate as a handler or watch. It is great, and I honestly think you would win the FX category for all the... amazing junk? In your helmet!

I say do it, and if you really dont want to, just participate as a handler or watch. It is great, and I honestly think you would win the FX category for all the... amazing junk? In your helmet!
I didn't even know there were categories, I'll check it out thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back