Costume Inventory Database

Dreamster

Does anyone have suggestions on how to inventory costumes online without investing in a company? Would it be something like a Google shared file? What would you recommend as software to use? I'd like to get things like a photo, size, and short description, things like that.
Suggestions? Thanks.

PlanetAlexander

I'm a little confused on what you're asking - what is it you're looking to do and for what purpose? Just have a "database" of images of costumes with some information on each one?

PlanetAlexander

Ahh, reminds me of a highschool assignment where I coded a cosplay planner in Visual Basic. Curse you, "end of stream" error.
Anyway, if you have knowledge with databases you could whip up something in MS Access. Otherwise, something simple like a folder system on your computer/Google drive could work, or you could start a blog, even if you kept it private. Something like Blogger works well for that.

Dreamster

Ahh, reminds me of a highschool assignment where I coded a cosplay planner in Visual Basic. Curse you, "end of stream" error.
Anyway, if you have knowledge with databases you could whip up something in MS Access. Otherwise, something simple like a folder system on your computer/Google drive could work, or you could start a blog, even if you kept it private. Something like Blogger works well for that.
I've found this Airtable app when I searched the internet to get some suggestions, so far it does the job I came here to ask. MS Access would be another option I can take advantage of as well. Thanks!

Sierra Charlie

Jr Member
Does anyone have suggestions on how to inventory costumes online without investing in a company? Would it be something like a Google shared file? What would you recommend as software to use? I'd like to get things like a photo, size, and short description, things like that.
Suggestions? Thanks.
I was going to suggest microsoft Exel spread sheet, but there are also better options, but Exel is rally the only on Im familiar with...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.