Could A Mod Help Me Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue2k

Hello y'all. Odd thing happened the other day. I went to log into 405th, and the web page kept timing out. For 3 days I have had this problem, all other websites are working fine. It is a little bit annoying as I kind of need the advice of the members to help me complete my armour. I contacted my cable provider thinking it was a problem with my modem or router. I can access the website when I use a proxy but its really, really slow. The cable provider suggested that my IP or IP range had been banned. I told the cable provider this is highly unlikely (considering I broke no rule, nor am I known for trouble causing). They assured me they could help me no further, which is why I am posting this here (I hope thats ok).

Now in the course of my investigation into this problem, I discovered that the IP address of http://405th.com/ is 67.159.44.157. Adam (the owner) also hosts http://www.mjolnirarmor.com/ and http://adamgrumbo.com/. All three websites seem to have the exact same IP (67.159.44.157) and unfortunately, I can access non of them. This leads me to believe that perhaps my IP or IP range has indeed been banned (perhaps accidentally?). Can a mod check this for me, and if this is indeed the case, then I apologise for posting this and I shall retire from the forum. I shall check back as often as I can for a reply (given the nature of a proxy that can be a bit buggy).

Thanks to anyone who can assist me.

hellfire.

I am not currently using a router, I disconnected it in favour of using my modem only. Will reconnecting the router and changing the MAC address resolve this if I am not using the router anyway?

For me, when it happened this si what I experienced: I could not access the 405th site, it would not load I kept getting 405 errors and timeouts, even ping attempts thru the command prompt wouldnt work. So after googling it I found a reply on some random thread that said some websites log your ip and if you access the site too many times they see that as an attack and basically ban your ip. Now you cant change your ip unless you call your internet provider or you change the mac address on the router. So i disconnected my router went straight thru the modem and was able to access the site. I repluged my router, changed my mac adddress by one digit and havent had a problem since.

I hope that a helps.

the same thing keeps happening to me about every 2 months. I was just able to access the site last night at about 11:30 pm.

Did you do anyhting special or it just happen to let you in?

Perhaps the site will only allow so many access requests in a certain time period?

I was checking the website about 5 times a day, only when the kids left me alone ;) I dont think it is an excessive request lockout. (5 or so times isn't excessive right?) I just like seeing everyone's progress in their builds. I still cannot access this website unless I use a proxy, and it's slower than a snail with it's ass glued to a cannonball. :(

Does anyone know who the correct admin/mod to contact? I do not want to PM the wrong person. I hear some people here get stupid amounts of PM's.

Hey pal, same thing was happening to me not too long ago i.e. every other webpage working fine but at home 405th wasn't loading. I ended up disconnecting the power to my router and plugging it back in. Instant fix :)

Hope that helps. I'm not too sure on the technical side of your query but if in doubt the old unplug/plug in trick seems to do just fine ;)

Niall.

ArmouredApostle said:
I have the same problem, unplugging the router an restarting it seems to fix it for about a day.

I reset my modem, no luck. I reset my router, same thing. I am stumped to be honest, this is the first time something like this has happened. I cannot access 405th from my computer, the mr's computer, the kids computer or even my laptop. The last three options use my router, but even when I try to connect directly using my computer without any routers involved, I still cannot connect. I've been using a proxy, and that works ok, but really, really slowly. Perhaps Adam (or other mod) has banned some recaster's IP range, and I got taken along for the ride? My service provider is Telewest/Blueyonder/Virginmedia (whatever it's calling itself this week). I have also tried changing one digit in my MAC address, and all that does it prevent me from having any internet access until I reset it back to the original MAC address. This is so frustrating. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to tell you guys that unfortunately this isn't something that a Mod can fix for you, that you should contact Adam directly. His inbox here is usually too full, so you should email him. I believe his email addy is in his signature: Adam@405th.com.

Hope that helps. :)

Thank you Sean, I shall contact him directly. I just hope that together we can resolve this annoyance. I appriciate the efforts of everyone involved in trying to assist me. There are not many online communities that do exactly what it says on the tin. ;)

I just thought I would make one last addendum to this thread for the other members who may face a similar problem. I contacted Adam directly at the behest of Sean, and he cleared my IP range from the ban listing. It appeared to do nothing at all, and I was quite dissapointed. However, several hours later it seemed to spontaneously work, and now I can access the forum again.

So thank you all once again.

hellfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back