Countdown Complete! Launching 405Th New Features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

The time is here friends, we made you laugh, we made you cry, we united you with the world. We're about to do it again. It is officially the 1 year anniversary of the 405th Source... my my how we've grown up. Anyone remember the .PDF days? They'll tell you. No anniversary is worth having without a celebration. We only know how to celebrate one way, with awesome updates, new features and more interaction with you to build the greatest props this side of the universe.

Introducing the 405th Livestream:

http://www.livestream.com/405thsource

24 hours a day, the best tutorials, the newest Bungie news, the ability to stream live from anywhere in the world (tutorials or convention coverage!), and a free chat

Yes, you can actually ask questions as someone is physically behind the camera showing you a tutorial. We will announce all the live events in the forums. As for now I've lined up all the best footage of available tutorials and Bungie news. Talk to eachother, learn together, build together... this is our gift to you.

Additionally, the new 405th Pepakura Hub (a bigger better version of the wiki hosted here at www.405th.com) is nearly finished... it's however held up in unfortunate server limbo. We'll have this post updated with it's location as soon as it's available. It would have been ready if we had access to launch it :\.

Thank you for this opportunity, I'm looking forward to many more years with you.

Cheers,

Kensai

PS: We're trying to integrate this into the front page as well as in the forums, as for now the above link will always work. Thanks for hanging with us during these updates!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO,That is awesome,this is the best forum ever,we now have a livestream,hell yeah.I love you guys.

Now can I get an OO-RAHH if you love 405th.

Incase there is any confusion you DO NOT need an account to chat. Type something into the chat box and hit enter and it will allow you to use whatever nickname you want. This will be free and open 24/7, even if the server goes down! I hope you enjoy all the hard work that went into it.

Cheers,

Kensai

This has been all Kensai's baby. The Livestream project was begun over a month ago and work has continued even as we go live. Stick around for further updates. We've got some good stuff coming from the 405th Source, so stay tuned to the front page. Hard to believe it's been a year already. Thanks for the support.

Chris

Uhhh

puts hand up

So the Live is what the countdown was too, I saw it up before it was over, and it lagged the hell out of my internet. But then again I am trying to render some 3d stuff in the background.

So could you clear up Sierra?

Grim_Killer said:
Uhhh

puts hand up

So the Live is what the countdown was too, I saw it up before it was over, and it lagged the hell out of my internet. But then again I am trying to render some 3d stuff in the background.

So could you clear up Sierra?

The countdown was, in fact, to the launch of the Livestream and its associated chat function. We decided to launch a few hours early due to intermittent access issues with the guts of the 405th Source front page. Today is the one year anniversary of the Source, so we wanted to be sure to have the Livestream running. The Pepakura download database will be up as soon as some server issues are resolved.

From what we can tell, Sierra was a military-grade Smart AI whose primary function seems to be handling large amounts of data and media. Possibly an military intelligence AI? That would explain the ONI protocols in the recovery beacon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for the pep hub! I though it was funny that while attempting to load the live stream, which my internet isn't really able to run properly,I heard a Texas political ad.

Nice new features 405th Source!

SpartanPhalanx1 said:
I can't wait for the pep hub! I though it was funny that while attempting to load the live stream, which my internet isn't really able to run properly,I heard a Texas political ad.

Nice new features 405th Source!

Yeah unfortunately we have to have livestream ad's they're not often but just the first level of the premium package with no ads is $350/month ... I can live with an advert or two. Unfortunately the new Pepakura Hub has still not been uploaded to our server *sigh*.

Cheers,

Kensai

Sorry for the double post but this was worth bumping the topic up for and is a significant update. The Video On Demand button is now programed on the livestream. Now you don't have to sit and wait around if you need a specific tutorial. Pick it out of the Video On Demand selection and work along with the video or tutorial you need.

Cheers,

Kensai

mjolnir follower said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOO,That is awesome,this is the best forum ever,we now have a livestream,hell yeah.I love you guys.

Now can I get an OO-RAHH if you love 405th.

THIS IS SPAR- oh wait, sorry...

1177970068661.jpg

OOH RAH.

poor SPAR-TA.

(rhyme!)

This sure does kick a lot of ass. I must say that I am glad you all did something for the anniversery. I am really proud of what I helped get started (EoC of the first issue) even if education issues kind of kicked me in the ass early on. Good going guys and I wish you many more of these days to come!

- Adulese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back