Covenant Elite armor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masternewbie

Hi,
Would Covenant Elite armor have battle damage? I have a costume built for my son...but I was going to possibly make some additions.
I was thinking just some silver paint along the edges....which gives the armor a metallic feel, but it the elite's armor even metallic? lol

...thanks

Make sure you go very light silver if you are going to do silver. I prefer white as it seems to look just fine (in my opinion) and usually shows up better if you want it to stand out.

It must be hard work for the elites trying to keep all that shiny armour so clean in battle.
Battle damage is visible on elites as far back as halo 3. There could even be some on the armour from the previous games, but it's hard to tell.

Though subtle, you can see a dent in his arm.

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 22.12.45.png

Add burns, scratches, dirt, take chunks out of the armour and paint it silver and/or black, dry brush some of the crevices and give them a grimy look, pain silver on the edges to make it look worn. It all adds to the look of the costume. Don't go too crazy though :p
Would love to see some pictures!
(I remember seeing a tut somewhere that used a silver sharpie for the silver edges.)

I'm not sure what material you have used but for small battle damage indents and scratches I would recommend picking up a small jagged rock and tapping the areas you want to have damage. Its something I saw in the special features for the Lord of the Rings extended cut. It will look less uniform and more natural if you use a rock. Other then that I agree with Peter, abut I would suggest going over the silver with a dark colour that best represents the dirt and grim the Elite would pick up on an alien world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back