Covenant Energy Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

trintlord

Jr Member
This is my first model I made completely "from scratch".

It comes in two pieces: Blades and Handle. They are attached as PDF's. In the Blades download ignore the two small unnumbered pieces, I took them out yet they still appeared in the PDF's...

As soon as my camera is working again I will post pics of the energy blade I made from these files. It took about 3-5 total hours of work and came out fairly well.

It is approx. 51.5cm long, so it is fairly big. If anyone knows the true length please tell me for the HD model.

Please post any and all questions, comments, and snide remarks. :p

EDIT: Please remember that you need BOTH to make the energy blade! Unless of course you wish to make your own handle...

TrintLord said:
This is my first model I made completely "from scratch".

It comes in two pieces: Blades and Handle. They are attached as PDF's. In the Blades download ignore the two small unnumbered pieces, I took them out yet they still appeared in the PDF's...

As soon as my camera is working again I will post pics of the energy blade I made from these files. It took about 3-5 total hours of work and came out fairly well.

It is approx. 51.5cm long, so it is fairly big. If anyone knows the true length please tell me for the HD model.

Please post any and all questions, comments, and snide remarks. :p

thnx man i needed this lol

Last edited by a moderator:
TrintLord said:
Your Welcome!

After this one is finished I plan to try the gravity hammer or brute shot.

51 cm's is like nothing. A machete jungle knife or a war combat knife can be that big...

The swords lenght would be somewhere around 90-110cm's (about 1 meter).

-Finnish

alright, I am making the HD version around 90cm.

Also I finally have some pics of the completed sword. I have the full length as well as the handle.

0105081500.jpg

0105081502.jpg

On the handle you will have to tilt the two blades and "diamond" pieces of the handle to make it fit well.

Please post all questions and comments!

could you also make em as a PDO file? or is it already scaled to what it needs to be? looks great but i think ima gonna waie for the high def version. also, doesent df4l have elite files? i know someone is in the process of making the elite armor

ive finished it but its VERY dirty and its not sticking too well... maybe i shouldnt use Elmers "SCHOOL" glue may be i should get normal ones that dry REALLY, REALLY fast.. is that a bad idea?

unfortunately I do not have the pro version of pepakura so i cannot create pdo files. The PDF's are scaled to 51.5cm on letter paper.

I will see what I can do for a pdo file.

sorry about the double post...

I was wondering if anyone would want an HD version with "texture" and such. I would be using
300px-Energy-sword.jpg

As a base for the texture.

Also I have seen several pics of energy blades where some are round and smooth (as above) while others are more "angled". I may make one of each, but is there any preference to what I make first?

xalener said:
Energy BLADE? Is that anything like a gravity mallet?
do you even play halo?????

The covenant Elite said:
totally awesome! theres one detail that isnt on it tough.... theres gonna be a little thing sticking up on the middle of the handle. still great job! :D

yeah but im pretty sure most of don't have only three fingers and a thump to grip that handle

sssancheznes said:
yeah but im pretty sure most of don't have only three fingers and a thump to grip that handle
Just grip it like Master Chief does, thumb grips bottoms and two fingers on either side of the bump.

the bump in the middle should be there cus it was in halo 2 and 3 not sure about 1 but it doesnt have to be that big it just has to be there and the round energy sword was used in halo 1 and 2 but then it ended up angled in 3 so it depends which version your making personally i think that a weapon that can be dropped should be made of something sturdier that the pep with glass and resin something like wood but thats just me cus i like making my stuff out of wood even if its really heavy but a one ton 6-7 foot tall (ive heard him as 6 feet tall and also as 7 feet tall) supersoldier with strength enhancing armor can pick it up

one side on the handle is bigger on the other side i noticed that before i printed it but i still made it and it looks awesome
well, im not done yet i just need to make the other half of the blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back